Any great Update-checkers and USB-immunizers available?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by raven211, May 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Running Rising PC Doctor and testing CyberDefender made me wary of having security for updates of Microsoft to Windows and also any eventual USB drives. Rising PC Doctor atleast says it immunizes a USB drive, and I've seen that message when you put one in, but has unfortunately started to throw erronous "unknowns" on perfectly known software when for example run directly through IE8. Also having troubles getting non-exclusive patches applied to my system, even if they might already be, I dunno...

CyberDefender on the other hand seemed like just an excellent tool to alert for needed updates, but unfortunately was not as good in its other areas and would sure prompt more about activation.

Having some sort of update-checker, CyberDefender style, or even better + an automatic USB drive/device immunizer would be just great, so I'm looking for tips on what I could use for that.

Thx for any help! :)

2. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

My 2p worth...

I use Secunia PSI for keeping up to date & I find Prevx3 works very well in protecting my computer from USB drive risks.

3. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Thanks for the answer. ;)

I've had both before. Won't go into Prevx - just read the mile-long thread for opinions, most positive, not my cup of tea though... Secunia PSI is just great, but scans without caring about what state the system is in. That's, if there is any new software to detect and if I'm idling or in screen saver-mode for example. This can cause lots of lagg and overall reduced performance, and I dunno why it's not fixed yet...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.