Any comments on Active@ Disk Image?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dja2k, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

2. guest

guest Guest

i am using it for 2 years.
    it is ligth, fast and clean
    i like it, i think its better than others

but it havent got differential image function

3. raakii

raakii Registered Member

I use active boot disk that comes along with it.

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Yeah I've used Active@ Boot Disk Win Edition before and thought the Active@ Disk Image backup was fast and restoring them worked without problems, makes me wonder if their backup software is home grown or re-branded? I How good are the backups made inside the normal Windows Environment and are they reliable like the Boot Disk backups.

dja2k

5. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Active Disk Image 3.2.6 has been working good so far. I did notice that it is throwing some errors in the event log when doing an image. The error is this:

I see that error in the logs twice every time the program does an image, once at the beginning and the other at the end. I've restored images done even though this error occurs but just wondering that maybe the images are reliable because of these error. Anyone seen this on their system or know if it matters towards the images?

dja2k

6. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

I seriously considered this before settling with Drive Snapshot. At that time, the Active@ trial version did not allow me to create a Boot (Rescue) CD, so I was unable to assure myself that it could reliably do a bare-metal restore. I was also put-off because it did not do differential backups (which I find very useful).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.