Any advantage/disadvantage of upgrading from TI Home 11 to 2009?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by enduser999, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

Currently using TI Home 11 build 8101 and was wondering if there are any advantages/disadvantages of upgrading to the 2009 version of the product?

Currently doing weekly image backups and incremental backups each weekday.

2. GSimard

GSimard Registered Member

If TI 11 works for you, I highly recommend you stick with it. I made the mistake to spend money on TI 2009 and now I cannot use the stand alone rescue boot CD to perform my backups offline. TI 2009 is apparently unable to handle some video cards that used to work on previous releases of TI. TI 2009 is the end of the line as far as I am concerned. I will spend no more money on Acronis.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

More importnatn than diff features re the diff bugs.

Note that once a version if supplanted by a successor, Acronis doesn't really support it with updates or replacement isos for the boot disk, etc.
    ATI 11 isn't supported anymore as it's been replaced with ATI 12/2009. Otoh, 12/2009 will likely be supplanted with the next version in about six months.

If ATI 11's bugs are making you miserable, then you might as well stick with it and see if ATI gets it right with ATI 13/2010.

In any event, backup your PC and use the freee trial of ATI12/2009 before you lay down any money for it.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello enduser999,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Here are some new features of version 2009 are: One-Click Protection, File search using Google Desktop and Windows Desktop Search, Make reserve copies of your backups, Support for ZIP format, Consolidation of backup files, Automatic computer shutdown after backup or restoration finishes, Archive to various places, More user-friendly.

Some users report that Acronis True Image Home 2009 is faster in backup and restore perform. Download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 and test it. Acronis True Image Home 2009 trial version has the following limitations:

- Windows: all functions available; 15-days trial period;
    - Bootable media: Recovery feature available only

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.