Antivirus test

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by chaos16, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richrf

richrf Registered Member

I like KAV. Version 4.5 that is. 5.0 has been a super major pain for me. Finally I had to back it out complete - after doing a complete image restore and finally getting rid of all that ADS poop that 5.0 leaves behind. Honestly, if it wasn't for 4.5, I would be using McAfee. Support form Kaspersky has been so,so. So while the product's detection capabilities is excellent, I beleive that the company and current product suite has its challenges. They need a single, consistent, and usable architecture that is not going to drive its customers crazy. I under 6.0 is in beta - and hopefully this version makes some sense. I don't blame them for just jumping into 6.0 without getting 5.0 in shape. I remember Oracle did the same with its 5.0 version. There must be something unlucky about 5.0 versions. :rolleyes:

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

And remember that the models name for the GeForce FX (which was a disappointment) was 5xxx!

3. gyl

gyl Guest

Vet is a lada
    Kav a Rolls Royce

4. wilbur

wilbur Guest

Personally i think its all on big jike antivirus, everyone knows that we need it, there are both good and bad programms. Resourse hogs and sppedy searchs. I would rather have a slow search and full protection.
    The problem with all of these programs are quite simple, they are good at some things but not all. Take PC-Cillin 2005 antivirus prog99%, crap firewall 65%, trust me, crap antispam66%, spyware crap55%, if you own it phone support and they will admit it. Norton 2005 98% antivirus firewall very good 94% far better than PC-Cillian, antispam 70% overall spped slow weekly updates, but daily available (yes). Bitdefender 8 is very similar to PC-Cillin great antivirus firewall crap antispam crap and etc.
    It goes on and on what i suggest is get the best of both, a firewall either Zone alarm or outPost FINAL and either Bitdefender, PC-Cillin, Kasp, AVG (the first two are my favourite)- something that updates daily and is known to be good.
    Then sit back and rest-make sure you have spy ware installed 2 versions (run them it weekly with a full scan if you use the internet and swap information using disks frequently else monthly)and stop worring and enjoy the computer.

Paul....
    years of listening to people bitch on about which one is best.
    i have never had a virus install and damage anything in 6 years of computing.

5. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Very wise statements indeed!!!! I second that completely. The only difference here.....I use Dr Web as AV scanner.

Keep up the good work. ;)

Putin

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Its best that we do not use impolite words while writing things, OK? :)

No offense meant, just advice.

Regards,
    Firecat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.