AntiVir memory use continually increasing - Need Help

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by InfinityAz, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

I've been trying AntiVir PE Classic (free) and really like it. However, I noticed within task manager that the memory use for AntiVir continually increases by 2Kb every few seconds. This increase continues unabated until I either shutdown and restart AntiVir or Windows. Once restarted the memory still continually increases. This happens even if the computer is just sitting there doing nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    What can I do to track this down and fix it?

Thanks for your help.

2. iwod

iwod Registered Member

what other program are you running? Open AnitVir Guard and see if it is constantly checking on a file?

3. InfinityAz

I'm running Kerio 4.2, winpatrol, hosts manager, and minimum system services. I checked and AntiVir Guard is not repeatedly checking on any one file (i.e., just checking like it should...).

4. iwod

iwod Registered Member

I have winpatrol as well with no problem at all.

Try disable Kerio or Host manager and see what happen.

Also there is a Antivir support forum here

http://www.free-av.de/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi

you would get more useful help from there.

5. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

Looks like a memory leak, I will relay this to the Windows team so they can check it tomorrow.

6. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

AVPE does not leak on my computer. The input device (me) often leaks, but not AVPE.

IMHO, poster has a unique combination of running programs that has brought on this anomaly.

7. Tosal

Tosal Guest

Hi!

Please post Operating System, Patch Level and installed software (resident one!!) so we can try to reproduce this ...

Thanks,

Thomas Salomon
    H+BEDV Datentechnik GmbH

8. InfinityAz

I've done a clean install on the computer and am in the process of reinstalling my apps and testing the configuration to see if the problem still continues. I think it was a unique combination of software that caused the problem but will post as soon as I know either way (within a couple of days).

I did test on another computer (similar setup but several differences) and there was no memory leak.

9. InfinityAz

I finished clean install, re-installed apps, tweaked, etc. and am no longer having a memory leak with AntiVir PE Classic.

I haven't been able to figure out what other program caused the problem but it wasn't AntiVir. It's running great, I'm happy with it, and will continue to use it because I think it's one of the best free AV's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.