AntiMalwareBytes run as administrator in limited account?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by GrammatonCleric, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

I have Win8 and Win7. I have installed Antimalware bytes as an administrator under administrator account but I use regular account for everyday stuff. However, each time the antimalware bytes loads under my regular user account it has "regular rights".
    So each time I do the scan I get the "LIMITED" under the scan summary in the user rights and I can't manually update it.
    I have to manually kill AMB and right click on the desktop icon and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR in order to manually check for updates or even run a admin scan.

This is a pain in the ass and most importantly the way the AMB loads by defuault is a security vulnerability. Since what if a rootkit escalates it's rights to admin? then AMB won't be able to find it.

How do I run AMB as admin under regular user account by default?

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I have never heard of AntiMalwareBytes? Do you mean MalwareBytes (MBAM)? :doubt:

3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Antimalwarebytes?
    Sounds a bit iffy to me.:cautious:

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I searched Google and there's no such thing as "Antimalwarebytes"
    Only results showing up is from people that have written Antimalwarebytes when they actually meant MalwareBytes. :D

5. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Re: MalwareBytes run as administrator in limited account?

Sorry was rushed what I meant was Malwarebytes.

I mentally mixed super anti-spyware with malwarebytes.

6. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Do you mean startup or manual loading? If you mean startup, then you can create a new Task Scheduler task that runs with highest privileges, startup or log on Trigger, and specifies MBAM in Action. Also you can create a shortcut to it. No UAC prompts.

Otherwise you can change the properties of the shortcut (Properties > Shortcut > Advanced) or file (Properties > Compatibility) to Run as administrator. There will be a UAC prompt requiring your admin password though.

7. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

The question is is it malwarebytes free or pro? If pro then i run it a standard user account with updates set to realtime.So i have no problems with it and i have scheduled scans as well so i am never bothered by it.

If its free then what JL said should work for startup which would be pro which as i said earlier works in standard account without any inputs .You will be asked for the password in case of free version which is manual loading so i dont see the point seeing that its what you want to avoid.

8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No problem, we just needed to make sure that you didn't use a new rogue :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.