antihook free for home users

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by zorro zorrito, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You are absolutly right, my bad :oops:

2. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

I recently installed this great product, but I have one minor issue with it. When loading up Windows, I have this god awful long pause where only my wallpaper shows [approx 3:45 mins:sec of "nothing time"]. I run Zonealarm Suite and Spyware Guard and SAV10. [Although I do think it's the SAV10. >.<]

3. Arup

Arup Guest

Not normal, I have been using AH since initial release and there are no delays in OS load times, has to be a clash between some program somewhere.

4. sosaiso

Never mind. I did 3 more successive reboots and the last of the three did not have any hang times. False alarm. Though the second one had a 1:21 hangtime. Curious.

I'm just wondering though, there isn't any overlap or clashes between ZASS 6.1 and AH is there?

5. boast

boast Guest

anti-hook locks up my windows and causes me to hardreset when it is set in fingerprint mode.

6. antihook1

antihook1 Guest

Any update?

7. It sure is quite around here. Is InfoProcess.com out of business? Is AntiHook no more? :(

8. Ivo

Ivo Registered Member

Hello everybody!

We are still in business and even expanding the company!

Yes, it’s been a while but for the last few months we have been busy with commercial ventures as well as working on the next AntiHook release.
    We are being successful and we are hoping this season will slow down and will have the chance to finish the new version of AntiHook.

Don’t want to commit but there will be a beta on our web site next week or the week after and if anyone is interested, please contact us.

Thanks for all your great feedback!

9. sosaiso

Could we hear what is being planned for the next release? :D

And are we ever going to have the option to allow programs of our choice to modify physical memory?

10. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

Well the main things we need are the ability to select what things we want secured EG: We might want to monitor driver/kernel installs and EXE starting, but we dont want dll injection see? maybe a screen of tick box's like sygate options. and Multi User support. - User Switching in XP really BSOD in 2.5 mainly on login and logout from 1 of the 2 or more users signed in

11. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Much of the discussion here is "over my head."
    Is Antihook similar to UnhackMe? What advantage does it have over UnhackMe?

I don't have the knowledge to trouble shoot such programs, and just want something to go with Ewido and Snoopfree. I have UnhackMe on one computer, and want something similar on my laptop. It appears that Antihook is still not stable enough for a novice.

Thanks,
    Jerry

12. hgwells

hgwells Guest

Actually they are quite different. AntiHook is more like ProcessGuard. It is mostly for blocking malware from ever getting on your computer and protects the programs (AV/FW/AS) on your computer from being shut down by malware etc... see the AntiHook page here: http://www.infoprocess.com.au/AntiHook.php for what it covers, it's a lot of protection for a free program.

But if your somewhat new to computer security it probably not for you. AH is more of a geeky security tool for people who want greater control on what runs on their system. But AH offers such powerful protection against malware it's just fantastic! And it's well worth trying out if you don't have any other HIPS programs on your system. Even if you do, AH may add some additional defenses your other HIPS programs may lack. It seems to work well with many other HIPS programs too without conflicts.

UnHackme is a rootkit detector/remover. That's about all it does really, but is still a great back up to programs like ProcessGuard and/or AntiHook because it is possible you could let something past their defenses and that's where a program like UnHackme will come in very handy. UHM will also detect and remove those nasty Kernel based keyloggers, which are really just rootkits themselves that only record your keystrokes.

I would get something like UnHackme if all you currently have is Ewido and Snoopfree because UnHackme detects and removes rootkits and kernel level keyloggers and both Ewido and Snoopfree are currently unable to detect those kinds of malware. Though not to bash either Ewido or Snoopfree because both are very good program as well.

Hth.

13. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I think at this point in time I will install UHM. Maybe I will get up the nerve to install Antihook later.

I appreciate the infor and advice.

Jerry

14. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I want to ask one question( ihave asked it somewhere else also) that If I want to choose between PG Free and Antihook, what should I choose?

15. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Sorry I joined recently and just read your post. I wonder you ask not to combine it with antihook, then can i ask why you combine it with Kerio, I am so surprised.

16. Arup

Arup Guest

Jetico already has antihook like outbound protection,adding AH will only make it redundant.

17. aigle

aigle Registered Member

So you will not add any thing to jetico by kerio i think. Two firewall at a time, i can,t swallow.

18. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if u want more protection then go with antihook and PG free merely provides execution protection and protects against process modification.

19. Arup

Arup Guest

You are getting confused,I said you can use CHX with Kerio 2x,alternatively you can also add AH,for Jetico,you need to run it standalone,no need for extras.

20. GUI_Tex

GUI_Tex Registered Member

wheres the screenshots?

21. sigi

sigi Registered Member

I'm new to antihook analyzer and antihook pro setup. When I installed antihook pro setup antihook analyzer showed that antihook pro installed a rootkit of some type. Should I be worried about this? Is it necessary to be running a program like snoop free privacy protector with antihook pro also installed? Any input would be greatly appreciated.o_O

22. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

Just installed, (got idea from here) still in "Fingerprint" mode.:cool:

Expect on reboot to spend four times as long watching WinXP's 'splash' screen with the 'three dash bar' stop'n go across the screen.

Registration site had message "...Due to insufficient disk space on our Web Server we are publishing a
    free registration key until this problem is resolved. The hosting company will hopefully sort this out soon.... Up' on it in Wilders Security Forums.:thumb:

23. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I been using LaunchMonitor created by the same developer as AntiHook and am extremely pleased with the results.

In fact AntiHook is available to me it's just that i decided on a combo that performs reasonably well for my system, that's SSM plus LaunchMonitor plus CyberHawk.

All the best to the developer of AntiHook and the others, very thoughtful and effective softs.

Thanks

24. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I feel antihook is making the system slow, it is in fingerprint mode at the moment. I am alos using all this,

NIS( firewall and antispam disabled)
    Jetico
    Winpatrol free
    MS antispyware
    BufferZone Trial(+ free IE component)
    AH( in fingerprint)

Even once I got message, low virtual memeory of system, I have Toshiba satellite M, 1.73, 512, 40 GB

Any ideas,

25. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Everyone's setup reacts differently with different combinations. If i'm not mistaken Anti-Hook fingerprint mode might tax the system a bit but it's for sure with my set-up that BufferZone not only slowed matters down for me but nearly froze my screen the several times i tried it active!

I then switched over to ShadowSurfer and that problem didn't duplicate itself again. Like i already mentioned, i'm favorable to Anti-Hook but even more favorable toward Launch-Monitor which for all practical purposes performs similar as anti-hook IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.