AntiHook 3.0 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by QBgreen, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Ah30 is a great product in fact, but it needs a lot of time for config.
    Sure it´s better to focuss on one Hip.

I only use those many products because I like the extremistic reactions that may happen, I want to shift borders, I like to go to the max of possible, that´s just a game I like to play.

2. poirot

poirot Registered Member

In comparison with SSM or ProSecurity i think Antihook 3.0 needs very little configuration, almost none, i tried it for a week a month ago and i got the idea it is also very little resources consuming by itself.

What i dont like it's the fact you got to use .Net Framework, which actively cuts the use of this software on less powerfull pcs.
    I remember that when i was using Antihook 2.5 on a P3,1000MHZ,256RAM pc this software was going fast,but when i decided to have a look at the Rules Editor after a while i had to install Net Framework 1.1 and the pc began crawling to the point i made the changes i wanted and then uninstalled , re-acquiring my usual speed.

In my opinion ,among the HIPS i used, SSM is for the advanced user-although it can be used in simplified forms- ProSecurity is for either advanced or non-geek - and Antihook 3.0 is a very good protection (unless further tests prove the opposite) for anyone,but better for a beginner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.