Anti theft AV version 6

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by Zardoc, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zardoc

Zardoc Registered Member

Hi,

I have been a NOD32 fan for quite a while. I think that the V6 is pretty awesome.

What I was saddened to learn is that anti-theft won't be on AV only the Smart security version.

I don't like Smart Security because it causes a few problems with some of my software amongst my dinosaur Media Center which I still use a lot.

Aryeh my friend, I hope that ESET will consider offering this advantage to those who just want the AV.

2. er34

er34 Guest

ESS can have its firewall and web filtering completely disabled:
    http://kb.eset.sk/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2189
    Most probably this will fix your Media Center issues. By doing this, ESS will be like NOD32 + antispam. You can use WF or other firewall of your choice.

Antispam can also be completely disabled:
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2110

ESS v6 (firewall and web filtering completely disabled + antispam completely off) will be like NOD32 + antitheft .

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
  3. Zardoc

Zardoc Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up.

Still, it would be nice to have just have the AV with anti theft.

I like junk food, but if I can avoid it.... ;)

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Anti-theft is a feature designed for mobile users (and, on the business side, for those who manage a mobile fleet). As such, the decision for which product(s) to build that feature into came down to which product(s) are best suited for mobile users.

In the case of anti-theft, that product, on the consumer side, is ESET Smart Security, because it is the product for mobile users. Why's that, you might ask? Because, amongst other things, it has a firewall: Having a software-based firewall is already important these days, now that all computers are interconnected to each other. That becomes even more important when you have a portable computer that's being connected to all sorts of different networks (schools, Internet cafes, hotels, etc.) where one really doesn't know who is responsible for securing them, and what steps they take to do so.

I will take your feedback on to the product managers, but please do understand that ESET develops and adds features to products for specific reasons, which is why anti-theft is a feature of ESET Smart Security and not ESET NOD32 Antivirus, for example.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. Zardoc

Zardoc Registered Member

I understand Aryeh.

thanks for the remarks. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.