Anti-Spyware for On-DEMAND scanning?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Birdman, Oct 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

According to nosirrah, that ain't necessary...

"Closing IE was the default for while but with the addition of some powerful deletion tech it was changed to an option .

In the past having IE open could prevent certain malware from being removed but that is no longer the case . Currently MBAM has two low level drivers that delete malware pre and post reboot , I know of no malware that has ever existed that could bypass both of our drivers , in memory or not .

We kept it as an option in case it is ever needed again."

2. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Page 42: Thanks!
    ... and rename MBAM?...

3. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

But even mbam's full scan is fast so i dont bother with the quick 1 :thumb:

4. nosirrah

nosirrah Malware Fighter

Although it stinks to admit , it is not that fast on certain machines to do a full scan . Machines with multiple large games installed and tons of media files can have very long scan times .

We do plan to make full scan have exclude options but there are technology improvements in front of that project . We might add options in the other direction so people can add to or remove from quick scan as well . I know that a lot of people have custom download directories that would make nice additions to a quick scan . We have been talking about adding last downloaded to directories to quick scan and it seems like a good idea that should not slow things down to much .

The best quick scan time I have ever seen was 55 seconds but that was a fresh XP install on a raptor . The average seems to be 3-8 minutes for quick scan . My work box does 1:35 but the hardware is very good and I don't have much installed on the image .

5. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Along with just about everyone else I recommend MBAM and S.A.S. both are top notch.

6. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

I've never found the full scan time overly excessive personally,even on heavily infected systems.Of course knowing how effective it is makes it worth the wait.

7. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

I do not use IE. Anyway, this is what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.