Anti-Spyware and memory

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Antarctica, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Which Antispyware uses less memory?. I tried MS Antispyware and Pest Patrol and both generates very high peek with active protection activated. o_O

Any suggestion? Thanks guys. :)

2. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

If you need a resident spyware protection program, I would recommend Javacool's Spyware Blaster. You also have a Spyware Blaster forum on Wilders.

But, remember it only prevents spyware from installing, it doesn't scan your PC for existing infections. Use Spybot- Search & Destroy and Ad-aware to eliminate existing problems and then install Spyware Blaster. Still, scan your machine for infections occassionally using the two softwares mentioned above.

If you still suspect your PC to be not fully tuned up, install HijackThis and post its log on wilders for someone to tell you what is wrong.

Hope it helps.

3. Antarctica

Thanks abhi_mittal, I already have those two programs. I taught I may add another one to the free one.

4. anti-spy

anti-spy Guest

I won't recommend SpySweeper because I think it uses more than either PP or MSAS.

Maybe you could use a combination of Tea Timer and SpywareBlaster, along with maybe IESpyad and a good hosts file. That should be quite low on resource usage.

Another option would be to add WinPatrol, it's fairly low on mem usage- about 3,776 k on my system.

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Well i would recommend Spy Sweeper, for a couple reasons. Since installing it over year ago i have not had anything (adware/spyware) entering my system, i have in this period also used Ad-Aware, Spybot & MS-Antispyware (mainly without the resident protection), but they have found nothing exept a false positive MS-Anti "found" and some benign cookies (Ad-Aware), that any flushing of these would have taken care of. Spy Sweeper & MS-Anti uses the same amount of memory on my computer.

I seems to me at least that the combination of Spy Sweeper & Spywareblaster is a good one, wouldn't uninstall the other though as they might catch something that SS lets through one day (can't be too carefull, the paranoid said ;) ).

Another reason to keep an eye on Spy Sweeper is this: Phileas Project Uses Bots To Ferret Out Spyware, they have added over 25000 signatures since this started (in january) and presently have 75753 in the bases. :)

Attached Files:

• SS.png
      SS.png
      File size:
      708 bytes
      Views:
  6. Antarctica

Don Pelotas, I will check that and give it a try. Thanks for the advice. :)

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

My pleasure, Antarctica. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.