Anti-Spam is a little overzealous

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by AshG, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AshG

AshG Registered Member

I installed the ESS beta on my laptop last night and was met with an unhappy surprise. When I started Outlook, messages started being moved to my Spam folder immediately with no request for me to do so and no way to cut it off. I had to wait several minutes for the process to end, then go through and batch-mark the spam folder to un-mark the messages as spam.

If an improvement could be made in the module, it should require user intervention to begin the initial folder filtering and be able to stop filtering with a click.

I am also slightly confused as to what algorithm or rules are used. I had pre-filtered my inbox and had only mail that was sent to me personally from trusted senders, yet over 200 messages were shoved into the Spam folder.

I can't wait for the AV-only version, as I do not plan on using the firewall or antispam modules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.