Anti-Keylogger - Won't scan anymore?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by spy1, Jul 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Just went to verify some details of a post I read somewhere else about AK alerting on a couple of files in SPF 4.2.

Unfortunately, I got the pop-up below.

It was my understanding that the program would always detect keyloggers, that registering it was only necessary if you wanted to be able to have AK clean any found keyloggers.

Guess that changed. Pete

Attached Files:

2. snapdragin1

snapdragin1 Guest

Spy1 -- Antikeylogger does alert on 2 files in SPF...(i have SPF 5 on my XP)....and i also got that pop-up notice that AK must either be registered or uninstalled.

so i uninstalled it through the Add/Remove feature of Windows and it doesn't take it out of the Start menu nor does it delete the folder from Program Files...(had to manually take it out of both those places.

You were right though about not having to register the ealier version of AK...i've had it on my Win98se longer, and it's still working fine. :)

3. snowy

snowy Guest

Pete

I am also of the understanding that AK wont expire....thats what their website clearly stated...if this is not the case...an the company lied..than I would not want anything more to do with them in the future. Recently I downloaded AK with the intent to purchase....well not now.

Snappy I had to use msconfig to remove AK from start-up before un-installing.....thereafter everything was removed.

snowman

4. controler

controler Guest

Just submit a keylogger they do not have yet and you get a free fully funtional copy.........:)

5. If you go to their website, there is a page that lists keyloggers and a link to a site that *rates* keyloggers. Well, guess what? Raytown owns that site and surprise, surprise, their own keylogger is the top rated!

I wouldn't trust Raytown at all. They produce how many different keyloggers? They market them by dozens of names and then tries to have it both ways by selling this Anti-Keylogger program. No thanks.

I just got one of my tech newsletters that rated Trapware's product which I can't think of the name right now as the top rated anti snoopware program. I do remember it caught almost 25% more of these products than its nearest competitor. Not bad.
    But Raytown is a URL that will never see the light on my monitor. brian

6. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

I just downloaded a 90 day trial copy of "Who's Watching Me?" I will give it a try. Perhaps make comparisons with Spybot and Adaware. Here's the link to the site for Trapware.

http://www.trapware.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.