Another Problem with Eraser

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LenC, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenC

LenC Registered Member

This program has always been a headache - I don't know why I keep using it.

I just erased a file folder and a zip file that were on my desktop. The files are gone (don't appear in windows explorer), but the icons still remain on my desktop. Any ideas as to how I get rid of the icons? If I try to delete them, I get an error message that the file is not found.

Also, any recommendations for an alternative to Eraser?

2. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Icons disappeared after reboot.

3. guest

guest Guest

CCleaner can be an alternative.

Open CCleaner > Options > Include (this feature supports drag and drop of files/folders.)

Just remember to select the appropriate Secure file deletion option in CCleaner's Settings before using it.

BTW, I personally prefer to securely wipe the free space of drives with CCleaner once in a while instead of wiping individual files/folders.

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Try hitting F5 next time. That refreshes the current view and should make them go away.

5. LenC

LenC Registered Member

Thanks! Never thought of using CCleaner. For some reason, drag and drop doesn't work - but I can add files individually with "add" button. (It appears that drag and drop is working, but when I drop the file, it doesn't remain in the "include" section. Not a big deal.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks Han for the reminder about F5 - I should have thought of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.