Another Jetico question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Uroboros, Jul 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uroboros

Uroboros Registered Member

Been messing with Jetico and I think I understand how things work. Or at lkeast enough to get by. But I'm a little confused aobut something.

Jetico seems to keep an eye on more vents then other firewalls. Case in point Steam. I know which ports that program requires and after some trial and error I've set up some rules to allow Steam through. But I find I also get pop-ups regarding data coming in with LOCAL ports as the destination. And the ports seem to vary.

Now these are on ports I've not come across regarding Steam. And I have no idea what the range of local ports actually is. Also the actually games themselves will bring up a pop-up and they will use the same ports and will require a choice on my part.

What's the best way to handle this? Should I just put them into the Application Trusted Zone? I'm already behind a hardware firewall/router so Jetico is not my only line of defense.

Same issue with Windows Media Player? How should I handle that??

TIA

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeah i been trying to figure that one out myself. I have a hardware firewall in my adsl router so i just placed it in the application trusted zone along along with other legit software that seems to bring up a lot of intrusive alerts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.