Another Cryptic TI Error Message

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bulldog356, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldog356

bulldog356 Registered Member

Every now and then True Image 9.0 Home [3677] does something totally weird out of the blue. Here's the latest:

I have a scheduled backup task that has been running perfectly well for months. Suddenly, for no reason that I can think of, because I haven't made any changes to the task or to True Image, the task fails intermittantly. By that I mean, usually the task executes flawlessly, but on some days it fails. The next day, everything is back to normal!

Looking in the log, this is the error message I see on the days the task fails:

No such script "18205FA7-EB80-4C5C-83A6-EC3D62D2D843"
    Failed to process pair script:18205FA7-EB80-4C5C-83A6-EC3D62D2D843.

What does that mean? o_O

Just now I checked the properties of this scheduled task ('Edit the selected task'), and after the screen on which I "Create new full backup archive" I see this warning message:

An incremental backup file with this name already exists...

Huh? I have never created an incremental backup file with TI. I only do full backups. What incremental backup file is TI talking about? o_O

My initial thought is that the scheduled task has somehow gotten corrupted. I've seen other cryptic TI error messages - as in 'this task cannot be edited because it was created with a newer version of TI' when I'm actually using the newest version - and these were always resolved by wiping out the scheduled task and re-creating it.

Do these error messages - "no such script" and "an incremental backup file already exists" - point to something specific that someone recognizes and could explain? Or is this just another case of a corrupted backup task?

And if the latter, does it seem a little unsettling that I have to delete and re-create my backup jobs every few months because they get corrupted?

As I'm writing this, at 12:01 am, my scheduled backup job started executing. Only according to the schedule, it's supposed to execute at 9:00 am.

Many thanks for your help. [BTW, the 12:01 backup ran correctly, aside from the timing.]

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hi Bulldog

Have you made any changes to your Firewall settings?

3. bulldog356

Yes: I removed Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite 6.5 - my subscription was about to expire - and replaced it with Zone Alarm AntiVirus 6.5 with a clean install. I allowed ZA-AV to detect my programs as they ran, and I'm pretty sure that True Image has the same permissions under ZA-AV as it did under ZA-ISS.

If you think this might have caused a problem I'm open to any suggestions you have. Thanks for your help.

4. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

Hi Bulldog

In order to test I suggest that you do the following:

• Disconnect from the internet
    • Disable the Firewall
    • Let the backup run (several times to really test)

If the problem does not reoccur then this might indicate a Firewall setting.

If the problem still occurs it might still be the Firewall. To completely disable some Firewalls you need to remove it from the startup and restart :'(

Painfull I know but it really is the only way.... :ouch:

5. bulldog356

Thanks, Tabvla. Before I had a chance to read your response I cleared my firewall of all entries related to True Image. I then re-booted and ran a manual backup. This allowed the firewall to re-register all its permissions for True Image. If the next few days are problem free I guess my problem is solved. If not, I'll just delete the scheduled backup job and re-create it. Although it's a minor annoyance, it only takes a few minutes. Re-creating the backup job has always worked for me in the past.

If re-creating the backup still doesn't fix my problem, I will try the steps you suggested.

6. bulldog356

Well, as I suspected (unfortunately), deleting and re-creating the scheduled backup task did the trick.

It seems that every few months I have to do this (delete and re-create a scheduled backup task), since the backup tasks become corrupted, each time for a different reason. Really makes you wonder what's up with this program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.