Annoying Popup

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by LoserDude27, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoserDude27

LoserDude27 Registered Member

Starting recently, I am constantly annoyed by a seemingly random popup. Every 10 minutes or so, my browser (Netscape 8.1) opens and a website opens up with weird names like "www.blow-outsale.com/blahblah", "ad-w-a-r-e.com", and "http://www.realcoupon-s.com/normal/XBDYUS.html". Also, there are popups that pop up on the desktop and don't even open up my browser. These have "Close [x]" on the top. When I'm playing a game or surfing the web, this can be very annoying. Also, Windows has little popups on the taskbar that says "Your computer is infected with spyware." which I think comes from a spyware program itself.

I downloaded a program called AntiVir which got rid of a lot of viruses (trojans), but still did not get rid of any of these annoying popups. I downloaded Ewido and have completed a full system scan. Amazingly, it has found 496 infected files.

These advertisements that pop up are yet to be gone, and I can not find a solution to it. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. LoserDude27

That is not the type of popup I am receiving. I tried the procedure on your link, but the Messenger Service was already disabled.

The types of popups I'm getting are full-page browser advertisements. Also, I'm getting desktop popups that have no title nor window for that matter.

Any other ideas?

P.S. I thought it may have had something to do with some odd processes running in the background, but I've terminated all unusual processes via ediwo and the task manager.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

5. LoserDude27

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/1559/popup8iu.png

This is a picture of one of the advertisements that pops up on my desktop. Some are circles, some are shapes of things such as cell phones.

The other types are full-page advertisements which are opened in a new tab, with, like I said before, have very odd URLs.

Edit: Sorry, I hadn't seen your post, WSFuser. I'll go check out that link. Thanks.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

those are some fancy pop-ups :blink:

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

8. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

download spybot and adaware SE update them and scan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.