Android Privacy/Security Addon [Flashable Zip]

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by x942, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x942

x942 Guest

Guardian Project Installer V0.1 Alpha
    Many thanks to the people at www.guardianproject.info for their hard work!

What is this?

This is a flashable zip (tested with CWM) that installs most of the apps from the Guardian Project. The guardian project is a non-profit organization that is building apps and tools to help users and whistle-blowers alike to stay safe and anonymous in this day and age. This is a faster way to setup a secure/private device. I also encourage enabling Full Disk Encryption in ICS/JB settings. Quote from the site:

Source: https://guardianproject.info/home/use-cases/

What apps are installed?

• Orbot: TOR (Anonymous Web Browsing) for Android
    • Gibberbot: Secure Encrypted IM using Google Talk
    • ObscuraCam: Secure Camera that obscures faces
    • InTheClear: Data Wipe (“Poison Pill”) Wipes phone on command
    • Android Privacy Guard: Public Key Crypto (GPG) for Android
    • TextSecure: Encrypted storage of SMS and Encrypted communication to other users of the app
    • DroidWall: Firewall that uses IPTables to prevent data leaks and Network attacks.
    • FDroid: Alternative to Google Playstore. All apps are FOSS.

How To

1. Download the zip bellow
    2. Copy the zip to the sdcard
    3. Boot into recovery
    4. flash the zip from the sdcard
    5. Reboot
    6. Done

WARNINGS

Please note: THIS IS AN ALPHA. IT HAS BEEN TESTED ON FOUR DEVICES NOW (GALAXY NEXUS) AND HAS WORKED ON ALL OF THEM. THAT SAID PLEASE TAKE PRECAUTIONS AND BACKUP FIRST. I AM NOT REPSONSIBLE FOR DATA LOSS OR BRICKS.

With that said I have successfully used this multiple (10) times on two different devices both GSM Nexus's. Please report any bugs and issues.

Known Working Roms

• CM9 Official
    • CM10 JellyBro
    • CM10 EuroSkank
    • Rasbean

Known Bugs
    • None Yet..

Comming soon & Downloads

More apps will be added along the way. I will also be trying to get aroma set up so you can select what apps are installed.

All of these apps are released Open Source under their respective licences. All Credit goes to the developers of the apps. I have only bundled them into an easily installable zip file.

Mirrors:

-http://dl.dropbox.com/u/98903238/Guardian_Project_Installer_Alpha.zip-
    -http://www.4shared.com/zip/vDiK6V4K/Guardian_Project_Installer_Alp.html-

Please mirror this download if you can. Also Any feedback is greatly appreciated. If this helps you please press thanks!

I also highly recomend you read this presentation to see what inspired me to do this.

Reccomendations

• FuguMod Kernel: Secure kernel with PaX and Stack Protector
    • Full Device Encryption: Built into ICS and JellyBean Roms
    • Removing Google Apps: Prevents sensitive data (Logs) from being sent to google.

2. x942

x942 Guest

Since I don't have time to update two threads I will keep this one up to date with information and answer any questions but that main developer thread is over on XDA

Let me know if I should add anything!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.