An installed Layered Service Provider (LSP) is outdated.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tcp179, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcp179

tcp179 Registered Member

Hi,

Sometime this weekend, one of my XP and Vista users no longer has access to a particular website that worked fine last week. This happens on all 3 of his machines (one XP laptop, one Vista desktop and one XP desktop).

All run NOD32 2.70.

The error he gets when he tries the website is different on Vista than on XP. Here is the Vista error:

"Windows Network Diagnostics"
    A required network component is not working properly on this computer. An installed Layered Service Provider (LSP) is outdated. It gives a button to remove the malfunctioning network component or a cancel button.

I read on some other forums that removing it might be bad.

So, on the Vista PC, when shutting down NOD32 completely, problem still occured. Then, decided to shut IMON which caused a 'severe error'. Rebooted the PC and when it came up, IMON was disabled (as desired), then, the website worked fine.

Any idea what we should do next? I can continue troubleshooting but thought maybe someone here might know what the deal is.

Related to this weekend's def updateso_O?

Thanks

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

For all your 3 computers :

<<< Either 1 or 2 >>>

1) Uninstall NOD32 v 2.7 , reboot , perform Winsock repair , reboot , install ESET Antivirus 3.0

2) Simply perform Windows repair , reboot , check the site again , re-enabled IMON , reboot

More details:

About EAV v3
    http://www.eset.com/products/nod32.php

Download EAV v3
    http://www.eset.com/download/index.php

How to repair your Winsock:

Windows XP SP2 , XP SP3

Goto Start –> Run
    type cmd and click OK.
    Type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

Windows Vista all

Open Start button
    type cmd in the Start search field
    When CMD appears , don't run it but right click it and run it as Administrator
    Now type netsh winsock reset
    Press ENTER . Restart immediately !

N.B. ! There is a space between the commands , example netshSPACEwinsockSPACEreset

3. tcp179

tcp179 Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. Two days after this problem occured, it went away without me having to do anything. There were no changes made to the PC at all, except perhaps new AV definitions.

4. mongatu

mongatu Registered Member

I had that same error message on a vista machine when I ran network diagnostics because I was losing internet connectivity intermittently. Updating the router firmware solved my issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.