An application keeps stealing focus

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by EtherealTML, Jun 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherealTML

EtherealTML Registered Member

I just did a fresh install of Windows XP. Nothing but WinXP SP2, windows updates, drivers (NVIDIA graphics, Creative Sound Blaster, HP printer, Logitech Mouseware), and antivirus NOD32 v2.5.

I have this recurring problem: In the middle of playing a game or watching a movie, etc, my system periodically minimizes my application and executes a program. A mysterious window will appear on the windows taskbar for a split second, and then closes itself, but it happens so fast I don't know what this program is. It is annoying because it will minimize any application that I am currently running.

I have already disabled automatic updates for my HP software, and I turn off NOD32, but this mysterious application keeps stealing focus. I suspect that it might be the logitech mouseware or sound blaster console checking for updates, but I could not find options to disable these.

Can someone tell me if there is any kind of log or some program I can use to determine what this mysterious application is, and how I can stop it from stealing focus?

Thanks,

Tommy

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Use PG ! it logs all executions by date and time. Be sure to allow everything to begin with, by following the step by step setup guide in the help file. Once its all set up and allowed, you can track down the offended and analyse what it is. If unsure, send me a copy :)

Maybe once we work it out, you can set PG to deny it from starting.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.