AMUST Registry Cleaner 2.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CogitoErgoSum, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Re: AWellMUST Registry Cleaner 2.0

Peter~ As I said to hollywood, let's test it out for a while and compare our results/impressions. ~pv

2. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Thanks - a Rather interesting find

- I normally use tuneup and sys suite regfixer both good but this does seem to made my pc more responsive ....

3. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Here's my 2 cents worth. Sunday is backup day for me. So feeling somewhat bold I tried AMUST. First I did a Regseeker registry cleanup 19 entries found. Next, ERUNT & Restore point. Next scan only AMUST which found 219 entries. Also before & after AMUST. I used Everest & checked the following

memory read
    " writes
    " latency

no changes

Wow! I thought Regseeker was awesome, finding 1000 entries, after using, Registry Mechanic. Now after Regseeker, AMUST finds 219 entries. Color me impressed! Now if this thing would only boot! Just kidding. LOL. Everything working fine.

rico

4. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Guys,

Update on AMUST - After the AMUST cleanup (219 entries), I thought all was well. AMUST wiped out totally destroyed my spam filter (In-Boxer). I used the system resore point (preAMUST) to regain functionality of In-Boxer.

rico

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Rico

I hear you. It's always possible which is why I always protect myself. For me so far so good with Amust, but..... I remain cautious in that I do the FDISR thing.

Pete

If other than that it seems promising, you might send them a note and let them know what happened.

6. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Peter,

After restoring & then deleting AMUST, I submitted a tech. support ticket regarding InBoxer.

7. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi again Rico . Hope you are well . ?

I am still confused as all in here thus far , have found so many more entries using Amust . As I stated earlier , it only found 15 in mine whereas RegHeal found over 1400 . Still playing here but , it seems very odd .

8. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

I let it clear out 150 of the 158 it suggested - it wiped out my regrun lic but that a side no problems. The compactor seems good too

very impressive overall

9. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi All,

I'm well Hollywood, but its definitely a bad hair day!

Perhaps AMUST to make a splash or big impact, to bolster sales is very aggressive. By being very aggressive it identifies more errors, giving the impression, its better than the competition. Note we must have an exception, and that would be HollywoodPC. So far two mistakes reported by AMUST.

1. InBoxer spam program destroyed
    2. RegRun license wipe out.

Note: I'm still waiting for a reply from AMUST tech. regarding InBoxer.

Note: Some applications I use infrequently. If I were still using AMUST, and a month down the road some app. doesn't work, it may be difficult to associate the problem with AMUST, and which ERUNT restore to use. I see problems using AMUST.

Note: RegistryMechanic, RegSeeker have never rendered an application non functional, on my machine.

HollywoodPC - How often do you run RegHealer? 1400+ entires is alot, did you have a major problem or hiccup? Has RegHealer been safe, in what it identifies, as a registry error? I trust RegSeeker almost enough, to untick its make a backup copy. I did say almost.

rico

10. pvsurfer

Since my last post in this thread yesterday, I decided to install a trial copy of RestoreIT (a few hours ago). Soon after installing RestoreIT, my system locked-up, so I immediately uninstalled it. I then decided to run Reg Healer just to make sure that all traces of RestoreIT were gone. Yesterday, when I ran RH, it had found 56 invalid entries and AMUST found 81, but as I reported in yesterday's post, I had not allowed RH or AMUST to clean/fix any of them.

After removing RestoreIT, I again ran RH (in Easy Mode) - finding a total of 62 bad entries, 3 of which were from RestoreIT. This time I decided to let RH clean/fix all of those entries. Upon completion, I thought I would 'see what AMUST had to say'... Well, AMUST found an additional 29 errors (after RH had just cleaned/fixed the 62 errors it found) and the most interesting point here is that 5 of those entries were from RestoreIT!

Moving cautiously, I created a System Restore point as well as an AMUST backup and then let AMUST clean/fix those 29 additional entries. I then decided to reboot (to see if the system would startup ok, which it did) and I've since been using the system for a couple of hours without any problems.

I thought this was worth posting in this thread and needless to say, I'm still very favorably impressed by AMUST - although Rico's experience (above) does concern me! ~pv

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  11. hollywoodpc

Hi Rico and thanks for the info from you AND from pv . As for my 1400 entries . It is done purposely on that particular machine . I run RegHeal in expert mode only . Expert mode usually finds about 4 times the amount that easy does . I DO trust it completely ! This is why I compare ALL reg cleaners to this one . This is the best I have ever come across . Not knocking any others just , RegHeal is the mark to compare all others . I have been using it for about 3 years . NEVER a problem AND it finds many more entries than any other program of this type . I HAVE tested them . This is why I was very interested in reading about the entries Amust has found for others . Especially pv . But , still for me , RH is kicking it's butt . Still checking it out though . Need to give it a fair and complete shot .
    Thanks guys and keep posting :)

12. Peter2150

Hi All

Just ran an interesting comparison although I didn't clean as don't have time to backup

Regsupreme Pro Normal scan 62 entries (most looked harmless)
    Regsupreme Pro Aggr Scan 332 (not sure I'd delete all of them)
    Amust 5 entries and would delete all.

Guess I cleaned out most of what Amust would find, and I suspect the performance gain probably was from compacting as much as cleaning.

Pete

Regheal eh? Hmm.

13. hollywoodpc

Uh oh Peter .
    Looks like we might have another one in common . lol . That " eh " sounds like an experiment is coming . If so , let me know what ya think . I love it . Just like FDISR , I would not be without it .;) :cool:

14. Peter2150

ROFL

Just might. Actually took a look at Regheal's site. Doesn't look it has a compact function. May give it a spin and see what happen's. Tomorrow's experiment. Doesn't FDISR, just make you fearless?

Pete

15. hollywoodpc

Peter .
    No compacting feature . I use a couple of freebies that are good at that . As for FDISR , OH YEAH ! Fearless is a good word:D :cool:

16. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Hollywood,

Regarding "RegHealer" tried it in easy mode she found many invalid registry entries. Seems like the product has not been updated in a long time. Also only 14 entries removed, un-registered seems a little, unfair for evaluation.

Next (see pic) the first few entries are regarding "acronis" incremental backups. Note I backup to (external HD) F:\. I would think RegHeal is flagging F:\acronis\... as F:\ is not presently hooked up. Hence if I were to allow RegHeal to remove, I probably would have problems, on next backup Sunday. This is the default (RegHeal) safe to remove.

You mentioned that in the expert mode RegHeal found 1400+ entries, your machine. What process do you use to determine, which items to delete, vs items flagged as errors, that you must keep? Seems like 1400+ entries, could take a long time to validate. I guess you could whittle the list a little by deleting the easy mode entries, then run expert mode, then validate.

Take care
    rico

Attached Files:

• regh.jpg
      regh.jpg
      File size:
      79.5 KB
      Views:
  17. Peter2150

Hi Rico

I suspect deleting them wouldn't hurt anything. With them in there and your drive on, Acronis knows they are there, but if deleted the next time you turned your drive on you would just have point to the drive, and select them, and it would reenter those registry points.

Pete

18. pvsurfer

hollywood~ Since I always run RH in Easy Mode and you always run it in Expert Mode, that probably accounts for the difference in our findings relative to AMUST. I must admit that since Exp Mode does find so many more entries than Easy Mode, I've been very reluctant to 'blindly' trust RH in Exp Mode (allowing it to remove/fix all of its many findings)! ~pv

19. hollywoodpc

Hi guys and I agree with Peter to Rico . And pv , I would never tell anyone to trust it . It took many hours of testing before I finally allowed RH to do what it needs to do . NEVER a problem here in expert mode . I do agree that the advanced mode is probably making a big difference .
    Rico . Sent you an email . Check it out

20. Coff

Coff Registered Member

In Expert Mode, Registry Healer scans for empty keys, in Easy Mode it doesn't. I think that is the main difference between the two modes and why the program flags many more invalid entries in Expert Mode.

From the Registry Healer website :

"In expert mode Registry Healer can scan the registry for Empty Keys. Keys that have no meaningful values or data. The registry is full of such keys. Deletion of such keys is not always safe. Some programs and the system may be in need of their keys without values.

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to find out what empty entries are safe to be deleted. You can safely delete empty keys from uninstalled or removed applications - if you know their names, of course. Looking through the list you can find the such registry keys. If the list is very large, just do not delete any. This feature is for advanced cleaning only. You will not get any problem if you have empty entries in the registry........"

Source http://www.zoneutils.com/regheal/help/16.htm

21. Rico

Rico Registered Member

Hi Coff, Excellent post!

Someone should make a list of known programs that need the empty space! I allowed RegHealer to heal in the "sissy mode", so far so good. I'm not sure I understand, well enough to use the "manly-man."

rico

PS. I'm very pleased that RegHeal did not wipe out InBoxer. Poor old InBoxer is/was getting pretty punch drunk, from its recent beating, by another reg fixer.

Attached Files:

22. Peter2150

I had just the opposite experience. I let Regheal do an easy scan and it found about 600 entries. I let it fix them all and then rebooted. Found several things broken.

Seems like I can let Regsupreme Pro and Amust do it's thing and all is well, but Regheal and my system had some hiccups. Oh well.

Pete

23. pvsurfer

24. AshG

AshG Registered Member

Has anyone tested this against Tune Up Utilties 2006's registry cleaner? I'm interested to see how it fares, as I'm considering purchasing one or the other.

25. hollywoodpc

I use TUU 2006 . Nice program but , I have found that ot5her reg cleaners do a more thorough job . As for Amust . Too early to tell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.