American Fantasy Football....

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by JRCATES, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I'm sure that we have some American football diehards and fans of the NFL who frequent this place.....so I'm curious if anyone would be interested in taking over a fantasy football team in a keeper league. I'm the commissioner of this league, and we will have a live draft at which time the owner taking over for the departed team would redraft the 4 keepers that they choose from this squad, and then draft their remaining squad. We use individual defensive players, so probably the most knowledgeable fans only need apply. If anyone is interested, please leave a reply here and feel free to send me a PM as well. I should be able to know a little more over the next several days, and it is entirely possible that we may not need anyone....but I wanted to post about it here.....just in case.

2. big ed

big ed Registered Member

No! Only real Football (Soccer) fans here!

Play on, big ed

3. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    :D :D :D

Rofl! There, there Ed...hush...Where's your politeness, sir?
    We wouldn't want to boost the false stereotype of all soccerfans being scum now, would we? ;)

(Then again: your statement counts, nevertheless..!:p :rolleyes: :D )

play on!
    slam

4. JRCATES

Hmmmm.......interesting group we have frequenting these forums.

Alright, jokes aside.....any REAL football fans out there (and NO, I'm not talking about the sport little 6 year old girls play ;) ....)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  5. slammer_JvA

Where you're coming from - you should have added. :p I rest my case! :rolleyes:

(And we're not joking!:D )

Apart from that: Enjoy your game, whatever it is.:)
    regards,
    slam

6. JRCATES

Bottom line:

This is an inviation for people that might be interested in joining a fantasy football league...

NOT....for people to chime in with remarks about soccer. The day that I enter into any soccer discussion and start making unwelcomed and univiting comments is the day that I'll welcome any sarcastic criticism or promotion of another sport into my thread about football. ;)

Now, back to the subject at hand.....if anyone is interested, please let me know. Thanks

7. slammer_JvA

Ok, point taken & no offense here. But, in case that day arrives for you;) , please feel very welcome at my thread any time:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=32324
    :)
    (We soccerfans don't fear a spicey, humoristic based and openminded discussion, you know. As long as it's well-intended and non-offensive: anything goes.)

I'll stop bothering here now, wishing you
    Good luck with your league!

regards,
    slam:cool:

8. JRCATES

Slam,

No offense taken! It's no bother at all.....really. I just didn't want the thread topic at hand to drift off too far. I've seen threads in the past where you start out talking about one thing, and before you know it, you're two pages deep into a completely different subject!

It's really a shame that I don't like or follow soccer, and that you don't like or follow football...because I can already see that we'd have some pretty lively and entertaining discussions ;) You'd probably make the perfect type member for the fantasy football league that I am looking to add......

9. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Hey JR,

Sorry if I mixed apples w/oranges. If you have ever tripped over any of my previous posts I'm sure you realise that I rarely if ever make any sense. At least the Slammer and I got this Thread off to a roaring start! Have fun!

Play on, big ed :D

10. JRCATES

LOL...thanks, big ed. :D

No, don't apologize or worry about a thing....actually, as time goes on....I'm beginning to really appreciate yours' and slammer's soccer interjections. Hey, otherwise, NOBODY would have responded! A few soccer replies is better than a complete goose egg for replies! I really didn't expect any takers.....well, I dunno...maybe a couple ;) As popular as football here in the states, I figured that I might at least get a nibble here or there from somebody. Oh well, I tried.....

11. gre87y

gre87y Registered Member

I started playing Fantasy football in 1991. I won the Championship 3 times and almost won last year but Randy Moss got a cheap touchdown against Washington in the last game of the year that cost me :(
    In your league do you play head to head , or is it just whoever ends up with the most points at the end of the year wins? Also how much does it cost to play in your league. Ours is $100.00 entrance fee and $2.00 for each transaction. Ours is just a scoring league, yards count for nothing, you have to score or you get nothing. If you like tell me about your league, the rules, how you score, how many players at each postion you draft.. ect..
    I love football and playing fantasy only makes it that much better.
    Takecare and goodluck
    P.S The comiss always buys the beer right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.