Am I infected?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Adriano, Jan 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adriano

Adriano Registered Member

Hello, I use NOD32 antivirus and it blocks about 10-5 email every day with these worms on the bottom.
    When I download my emails often NOD32 (IMON) take a worm.
    But when NOD32 scans my PC, it doesn't see any worm, I think NOD32 succeeds to delete every worm.
    I use Eudora and winxp.
    Am I infected?
    What can I do please?
    thanks
    Adriano

(posted information has been removed since active links which will install malware were included - BlueZannetti)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2005
  2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Adriano,

I removed the information you posted since it contained links that someone could mistakenly click on an infect themselves in the process if their AV/AT applications were not up to the task.

With respect to your main question - are you infected? There is a fair amount of stuff seemingly in your Temporary Internet Files folders which has been flagged. Depending on the settings that you use for NOD32, the nature of what you have downloaded (as well as what has been downloaded for you without your knowledge while surfing), your past and present AV/AT coverage, and the settings on these various programs, all or some of it has been caught.

Regardless of how you look at it, your PC has been at risk, and for that reason alone I would suggest a quick run through of Blackspear's General Cleaning Instructions to verify that you are not infected. NOD32 is doing it's job well. However, check your current NOD32 setting using Blackspear's Extra Settings for NOD32 thread to verify that the configuration is sufficiently tightened for the malware challenge that this PC is clearly experiencing.

Blue

3. Adriano

Adriano Registered Member

BlueZannetti,
    I have configured my NOD32 well! U configured it with "Extra Settings for NOD32" and often I delete Temporary Internet Files going in "Internet Option/Delete Files" of my browser IE.
    I receive many emails every day from South America, and Africa.
    Probably are they infect and they send me infected email?
    In any way I would like to know if I am infected.
    I have just run Trend Micro online scan without any virus.
    thanks

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Adriano

You can also look at your virus log if in doubt for additonal info. Double click the entry in the log.

Attached Files:

5. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Adriano,

Unless you need Internet Explorer for access to sites that require it, I'd personally recommend Firefox as your browser.

You are likely correct regarding the source of the e-mails, although the sender address can be spoofed.

Sounds like you are fine right now.

I'd also recommend you install an anti-trojan application. Either Ewido or on the free side (Ewido is a trial which reverts to a slightly less feature laden version post-trial). You could also look at TDS-3 or BOClean on the pay side.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.