alwil av-cannot connect to server

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by guana, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guana

guana Registered Member

my alwil anti virus was able to update itself earlier but now this error ""cannot connect to server"" occurs on every update..((i got two firewall agnitum and sygate)) i checked the allow on both of them to allow ervice of update but same results..somebody help urgent!

2. marciocruz

marciocruz Registered Member

you can't have 2 firewall,you have to remove 1 of firewall,i recomend you to remove the sygate firewall

3. guana

guana Registered Member

but what if i already allowed everything in sygate and agnitum for alwil avasto_Owhy shouldnt it get update and why there is error to connect to server because my internet surfing is working well

4. Pseudo

Pseudo Registered Member

Uninstall one of them. Whether or not both of them are allowing Avast to connect, there will be conflict and problems.

5. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

Like already said, uninstall one of them.

Having two software firewalls is asking for trouble, same goes for having two AV software running in your system. You just don't do that, unless of course you want to see some unexpected side effects :p

6. guana

guana Registered Member

so what is the best firewall sygate or agnitum or any other u mention??
    and the bes antivimus kav,avg or alwil avast o_O(i will install only one of them now

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Sygate is outdated and you're probably using some free Agnitum firewall which is also outdated...

8. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Closed per policy and off-topic to "alwil av-cannot connect to server" title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.