Alternative to Sandboxie?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by riahc3, Oct 3, 2014.

1. riahc3

riahc3 Registered Member

Im trying to use a program like Sandboxie but the problem is that the program Im trying to use Sandboxie gives me problems and issues when opening/closing it.

What are the best alternatives?

2. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

3. deugniet

deugniet Registered Member

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

You can also try Comodo or the sandbox in Avast Pro.

5. Compu KTed

Compu KTed Registered Member

6. deBoetie

deBoetie Registered Member

Presuming that the conflict cannot be resolved (it often can be), you could alternatively take the stance that you'd be seeking an alternative program that is causing the problem.

Seriously, I put the protection of Sandboxie ahead of some latest-and-greatest application, as an example: Office 365 with App-V support is currently not compatible with Sandboxie. Solution? Run Office 2010. I am simply not prepared to run a full Office suite with email reader unprotected.

Of course, there may be corporate constraints and all that, in which case you need to seek alternatives, which may in fact not be directly equivalent to Sandboxie functionality (there are none I'm aware of, not Freespace, not Bromium, not MBAE, not virtual machines, not application-specific sandboxes etc).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.