Alternative Look 'n' Stop website

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Phant0m``, May 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Greetings Look ‘n’ Stop customers

I’m officially announcing the publicly accessible Alternative Look ‘n’ Stop web-site. This site is only beginning of something beautiful and it’s not going to be possible without you all showing support and helping assist me in improving my website for the interest of ALL. I guaranteed you get those Suggestions/Comments rolling in this way and this Alternative Look ‘n’ Stop website will be enhanced and be kept Maintained oftenly as humanly possible to ensure you get all the most recent Information about your beautiful Firewall.

Remember what you see there currently is far from being completed, and I don’t necessary consider this ever being something that can be completed as the Maintenances is always needed to ensure you do get all recent Information as quickly as humanly possible.

Also note I don’t make any profit off of your visits or anything in reference to this web-site, this is purely done with dedication and respect for the Author of Look ‘n’ Stop product and its Customers.

2. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

3. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi Phant0m,

It looks really nice! I just bookmarked the site, if I need something I know where to look for! ;)

You have a very special ruleset, I've seen. And I always thought that I'm the one who is paranoid! :D LOL

Best regards,

Patrice

4. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Hey Patrice

I’m glad you like. :)

That particular rule-set was specially designed for the public (my original rule-set only had a few rules but for others few rules isn’t detailed enough, comprehending some of the common types of Attacks requires making rules and labelling);

5. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi Phant0m,

interesting ruleset, I have to admit! Just downloaded it and checked it out. Quite an impressive work you did, that must have taken you days or even weeks! Do you understand the technical stuff concerning IP packets that good? :rolleyes:

By the way, it was rather difficult to download the rules from your site, because the right-click is disabled. You have to mark everything, paste it into Notepad and save it as .rie file. Couldn't you do that in an easier way. I'm sure a lot of people won't understand how to download it. ;)

Best regards,

Patrice

6. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Hey Phant0m``

I’ve been into Software Security since Day one of my Arrival to the Internet... Does that answer your Questions :)

Yes the rule-set I will have it Zipped up for Download purposes… :)

7. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

eeeek, I shouldn't be addressing myself... hmmm little to much this morning... :)

8. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

My Compliments, Phantom ;).

For the record - and for all LnS users: your message board points to an unofficial LnS support board. The one and only official LnS forums are located right here ;).

regards.

paul

9. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Hey Paul

Thanks!

Yes the “Message Board” in the Menu does point to the unofficial Look ‘n’ Stop Forum, but I had to decide where I would most likely be commonly found at.

However I did link the English, French Official Forums in my Contacts Area :).

Regards,
    Phant0m``

10. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Phantom,

That's no doubt your perogative. That said: since the software developer Frederic, and most LnS users as well pop up over here: why not change habits ;)

Enjoy your weekend,

paul

11. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Hey Paul

If I felt that 2 or more Forums for particular product was unbeneficial I wouldn’t be supporting the idea, but that’s far from being so.

And I don’t change my habits because there I have managing rights where there is no restrictions where-all I can go and provide my support which pleases me greatly.

However improvising could possibly be done to the “Message Forum” :p.

12. Harold77

Harold77 Registered Member

Really strange Phant0m, but the link to your site only works for me when I use IE 6, if I try it (or cut and paste the URL) with Netscape 7.02, it just goes to the normal LNS site.

It does look as if it's going to be a good place for users of LNS though, I love the red cursor BTW.:)

13. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Hey Harold77

Thanks for reporting it; I will try to fix that shortly…

Thanks Harold77, like I had mentioned though there is quite a number of things I must do on that site and I don’t ever consider myself ever completing this site as long as Look ‘n’ Stop is being supported, as regular maintenances is required… ;)

14. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Saturday, May 24, 2003

* Color Modifications had been done to the Tweaking pages.
    * Modifications had been done to the Phant0m``s Rule-set $v1.0 page.
    * Added "Master Rule-set" Entry in the site's Menu FAQs section for quick Phant0m``s Rule-set $v1.0 accessibility.
    * Fixed Phant0m``s Rule-set $v1.0 Download Link, no-longer should it be opening up the .rls file in your browser.
    * Fixed Netscape of re-directing upon visits.

15. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Notice; There is a mistake in the Phant0m``s Rule-set $v1.0, anyone who has applied it, scroll through the rule-set and find “UDP : Block Broadcast” rule and set it with a BLOCK Flag. Don’t forget to save Changes…

16. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Notice; UDP : Allow rule preferably should not have Logging Flag set. And the DNS rule may be little too restrictive for most, If you loose all Connections or you cannot create new Connections modify the “Frag. Offset” & “Frag. Flags” settings to ALL in the DNS-Allowed-0” rule. And then re-boot

17. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Notice; There is a mistake in the Phant0m``s Rule-set $v1.0, scroll through the rule-set and find UDP : Block Broadcast rule and set it with a BLOCK Flag. Don’t forget to "Save" changes…

18. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Nice work you did Phantom !
    I'm sure Frédéric will appreciate the effort you put into building that site which i think will complement nicely this forum

19. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Thanks MTM! :D

20. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Notice; Modified Phant0m``s Rule-set $v1.0;

•   UDP : Block Broadcast rule now contains BLOCK flag as it should.
    •   DNS-Allowed-0 rule no longer contains Frags. Restrictiveness (Now people should be-capable of following the steps on the page and not encounter any anomalies such as Connection drops, unable to connect to Destinations).
    •   Added Disabled DNS-Allowed-1 rule for folks with 3 DNS Addresses.

I apologize for any inconveniences, Enjoy.

21. Phant0m``

Phant0m`` Guest

Notice; if you experience disconnections after a period of time and you require to re-boot to reconnect to the ISP then do the following;

Edit “UDP-0+: BOOTP / DHCP” rule, Check "Internet >> PC & PC >> Internet" and then set the “Frag. Offset” & “Frag. Flags” to “ALL” then click OK button.

Then Delete the following rule named “UDP-0-: BOOTP / DHCP”.

Then click “Save” button.

I apologize for any inconveniences…

22. Phant0m

Phant0m Guest

Hey ALL

New Phant0m``s Rule-set $v2.0 has been released along with major modifications to the Guide page; hopefully everyone finds it more efficient to assist with proper configurating of the Phant0m``s Rule-set.

And I like to Thank all those who has taking part in sending me Questions/Feedback about my Phant0m``s Rule-set, kind-of had quite a powerful restrictions on the BOOTP / DHCP & DNS rules which possibly generate serious situations like server connection drops and even ISP connection drops for many of you. However what I have in mind for something in the near future is a Tweaking page which assists in areas like Frag. Offset and Frag. Flags tweaking for your machines specifications.

Remember don’t hesitate to poster on this Forum or E-mail me with Questions/Suggestions.

23. Phant0m

Phant0m Guest

In Addition; direct access to the Phant0m``s Rule-set $v2.0 has been implemented for quick accessibility for user comforts. ;)

http://www.phant0m-looknstop.com/phant0m/Phant0m.htm

Enjoy :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.