All maps removed

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by VOH, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VOH

VOH Guest

Hi, I used Acronis Privacy Expert Suite for removing spyware, but instead of removing spyware threats it removed every single map and icon on my desctop. I don't know what to to, I ahve to have my maps back. Can you please help me, my maps are irreplaceable.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello VOH,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

First of all please download the latest build (748.) of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product. Then please download the latest spyware updates and try to scan for spyware again. If the problem remains please create a screenshot of what Acronis Privacy Expert Suite found on your computer and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread, also please indicate in the subject that you want to contact Irina Shirokova. Please also describe what map and icon does the program remove?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. VOH

VOH Guest

I'm sorry if I didn't express myself clearly enough. I am very sad right now. What I meant was that all folders at my desctop have been removed by Acronis when I scanned for Spyware. I ahve to have my folders back. How?

4. Stephanos G.

Stephanos G. Registered Member

How is possible? You cant restore these items? no such future on acronis application?

5. VOH

VOH Guest

Why did Acronis delete all my folders? There must be a way to get my folders back!

6. Stephanos G.

Give me 2 hours and i will check this application. I have it on my pc at home but i dont remember if there is any restore point.

7. Stephanos G.

unfortunately, i cant find any quarantine folder. This is strange. Your windows system restore is enabled? Can u try to restore them?

8. Acronis Support

Hello VOH,

We will try to help you, most probably you cannot restore your folders. However, we need to investigate your problem to find a solution, please tell me the following information: what does Acronis Privacy Expert Suite found on your computer when you scan for Spyware treats?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

9. Segovia

Segovia Registered Member

Surely you can just restore from one of your backups? Hmm? No backups you say?

When will people learn that Murphy's Law dictates that "irreplaceable" data will always be the first thing that is hosed when something goes wrong. :(

I don't mean to be harsh with you. Personally, I have a special talent for destroying important data. Years ago, after losing some rather important documents, I learned (the hard way) to make regular backups.

I suggest that you immediately stop using your computer, since at any moment, the clusters where that data was saved could be overwritten. Download a free trial of an undelete utility to a DIFFERENT drive than the one where the data was lost, and see what you can salvage. I do hope that you didn't inadvertently "wipe/shred" that data. Good luck!

10. Stephanos G.

Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software is an excellent application. The only minus is that there is no option for back-up before delete.

11. Acronis Support

Hello Stephanos G.,

Current version of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite doesn't allow to backup files before removal. We plan to implement quarantine feature in future versions of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite that will allow you to choose what to do with each suspicious file: delete, quarantine, or leave the file untouched.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

12. Stephanos G.

Thanks ilya, congratulations, your application is very good.
    Impressed from the daily updates.

13. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Hi!

Am i reading right? No quarantine feature when you remove spyware? :eek:
    Well i will uninstall my trial after i have wrote this post. I still cant believe that people are using APES for removing spyware etc. Without option to backup.
    No offence, but... :'(

Best regards,

Technic

14. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Try clicking on the start button then click on "run" in the run box type msconfig and click ok. Then click on services and make sure all of the boxes are checked if not click on enable all. next click on the startup tab and check that all of the boxes are checked if not click on enable then on ok. then click on the red x to close the system configuration utility. a box will pop up asking if you want to restart click yes. after the reboot if the boxes were unchecked your folders and icons should return. I have fixed several comps with the same symptoms and if the boxes were unchecked by some software it will fix the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.