All folders disappeared on backup media

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Viajerozz, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viajerozz

Viajerozz Registered Member

Once again I have discovered that you need to backup in 3, 4 or even five locAtions using different programs and different media or, sure enough, one day you will be totally hosed.

I just had occasion to need to restore my hard drive and confidently plugged in my external USB hard drive containing the backup image created in Backup, version 9 I think. (All their versions seem the same and get quite confusing with their 'updates' and suites, another story) to my dismay I discovered Paragon could not see ANY folders on my external disk, not the Image folder or any other folder.

I tried the same process in a different computer with the same result, paragon could not see any folders at all, although the folders were visible and functional in any other program and Windows File Explorer.

How can I get Paragon to see the backup folder to restore it? Any ideas, please?

Thanks

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Did you try to press F5 key to refresh the devices list in Paragon Program?

If it still doesn't show the external drive, please post here some more info:
    1. LOG files: "PWLOG.TXT", "STUBACT.LOG", "BioNTlog.TXT" from "C:\Program Files\Paragon Software\[Program Name]\Program"
    2. screen shot of Windows Disk Management tool:
    * right-click on 'My computer' and choose 'Manage';
    * select 'Disk Management' in 'Storage';
    * maximize the window;
    * click 'PrintScreen' key on the keyboard to capture the screen into the Windows Clipboard;
    * paste the image and save it as JPG, GIF or PNG file;

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.