Alexa

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by SG1, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Sometime ago, possibly Mike at Spywareinfo, wrote the below statement.
    I wondered - and I hope I have this posted in correct area - if anyone knows if current AdAwarePlus still goes bonkers over this item? It labels it as a data mining tool; hope this is a simple query and not viewed as request for "log analysis," folks
    Many thanks, SG1 (Pat)

"As cool as the new release is, there does seem to be a glitch. By now everyone knows that Internet Explorer installs Alexa spyware right? Well, actually it doesn't. Lavasoft's Ad-aware targets a registry key which it erroneously labels as an Alexa component. That key is what lets Internet Explorer have a related sites sidebar. This sidebar opens a file installed on your machine at c:\windows\web\related.htm."

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi SG1 :)

I'll move this over to Privacy General for better attention.

snowbound

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Pat... I too have seen that posted elsewhere and I think you may get differing opinions...

me... I simply put it on "ignore" and then I don't have to see it anyway and am not concerned about it one way or another.

Cheers, TAS

4. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

me too :D

Rita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.