Alert Screen Options

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Hod, Dec 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hod

Hod Registered Member

In NOD's Alert screen which flashes on receipt of an infected email could someone please tell me whether Quarantine and Delete are equally valid separate options?

If I choose Delete alone, then the file is gone and mail can continue to be received. Likewise if at the same time I choose Quarantine.

But if I just choose Quarantine on its own and exit the screen, then I get the warning "Closing this window without selecting an action may result in infiltration". If I repeat the process and stick with Quarantine I get the same warning twice again, after which it gives up, quarantines the file and on we go.

What I'm not clear about is what is meant by "selecting an action" if this doesn't include Quarantine?

Hope this not a silly question - I'm new to NOD as an alternative to NAV (where quarantine was always a separate option).

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,

in NOD32, quarantine is a kind of an additional action to basic actions like delete and rename. It always means that a copy of the original file will be created in the quarantine directory regardless what action you choose. If you choose Close, IMON will not perform any action on the infected file (but you may still put a copy of the file to the quarantine folder).

3. Hod

Hod Registered Member

That's what I thought.

Many thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.