alert color issue

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by Bensec, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Did you set the web access protection to block threats automatically? It appears you have your browser set to active mode in the web protection setup.

3. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

I don't understand, even if he has set his browser to active protection shouln't be an unified alert for the "same" program??
    I mean If you attempt to download it the alert is yellow but if you are blocked from accesing the web page the alert is red?? That does not make sense, if - potentially unwanted/unsafe applications are now reported in a yellow alert window which requires a user interaction (as you say in this post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=225559) why the different treatment of the alert by the webalert module?? Shouldn't it be a yellow alert giving the user the option to visit the page or not?

4. viruscraft

viruscraft Registered Member

IMO,the color has nothing to do with the active mode.
    It should be yellow if a potentially unwanted/unsafe applications are found.

5. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

You do realize that the second image shows the alert notification delivered into the browser window in place of the requested file, and shows that the download was automatically blocked at the request of the users settings?

All http detections are dealt with automatically by that user configuration.

Cheers :)

6. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

i guess yes.
    but it would be better if issues of the same threat level are of the same color.

@nod32 user
    in the advanced setup tree, description of "active mode" only mentioned it as a faster approach. and didnt say that that it blocks more objects.

7. MasterTB

MasterTB Registered Member

When in that second image do you see "at user request" ?

Both Alerts Say "Potentialy Unwanted Application", the difference is that One asks the user what he/she wants to do and the other just blocks the alert.
    No matter how the user sets the system (ESS) it should manage threats accordingly and what is "Potentialy Unwanted" and subjet to user aproval in one case, shold also be in all others, otherwise what's the point Yellow an Red alerts, lets just make them all red as they were and that's it.
    Enabling detection for Potentialy Unwanted Applications should be that "ENABLING DETECTION" not dealing with them in one case and leaving the user with the option in another, I believe that was the point of the first post on this thread.

Attached Files:

8. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Mine says 'more effective filtering'
    In v3 this has always resulted in the object being dealt with automatically.
    I agree that it would seem logical to me if the same color was used for both notifications.

I could probably have better worded what I said and say instead that because of the image I can tell that it's because of the users choice of settings that the 'threat' was automatically blocked - the user chose their settings and in doing so chose their outcome.

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.