AIMP v3.50 Public BETA Released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hayc59, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

AIMP v3.50 Build 1224 BETA 1 Released

Whats New:
    • Common: Performance has been increased
    • Common: Player no longer supports configuration files from AIMP2
    • Common: Added support of long pathname (more than 260 characters), only for Windows Vista and newer
    • Common: Settings in options dialog has been regrouped
    • Common: Added an ability to split files by chapters (OGG, OPS, M4A and M4B are supported)

• Sound Engine: Added support for i32v24 sample format
    • Sound Engine: Now player has separate settings for crossfading in manual and automatic switching modes
    • Sound Engine: Equalizer has been improved - now all frequencies are processed between sliders

• Skin Engine: Potential abilities are extended
    • Skin Engine: An ability to switch off spectrum animation for playable track
    • Skin Engine: An ability to dock window to the top and bottom screen edges

• Player: Hotkey for the "Reload data from pre-image" command has been added
    • Player: Hotkeys for executing the "Bookmarks Manager" and "Equalizer" dialogs has been added
    • Player: Hotkeys for set mark to playable / selected files has been added
    • Player: Confirmation for the remove equalizer preset operation has been added
    • Player: Equalizer settings has been added to the DSP Manager dialog
    • Player: Now files merge into one queue, when send it to a removable device
    • Player: Added Drag-n-Drop support for the Bookmarks Manager
    • Player: The queue of shuffle playback is now stored on the application closing
    • Player: Playlist tab hint now contains information about playlist content
    • Player: Managing Playlists - added an ability to browse content of closed playlist (with search ability)

• Audio Converter: Hotkey for start conversion process has been added
    • Audio Converter: Added an ability to save path structure during conversion process
    • Audio Converter: OPUS Encoder has been added

• CoverArt Downloader: Caching of downloaded files for current work session
    • CoverArt Downloader: Click on image now opens it in external application

• Scheduler: Alarm Clock - added an ability to execute action after pre-set time period
    • Scheduler: Alarm Clock - added an ability to set playlist as alarm clock ringtone

• Tag Editor: The "File Size" column has been added
    • Tag Editor: Added an ability to resize window of "Presets Editor" dialog
    • Tag Editor: Rename files - added an ability to replace / remove selected characters
    • Tag Editor: Rename files - bilateral transliteration has been added (Russian - English)
    • Tag Editor: Rename files - new design
    • Tag Editor: Added support of "BPM", "Disc Count" and "Publisher" tag fields
    • Tag Editor: Added support of OPUS format tags
    • Tag Editor: Added an ability to calculate BPM (powered by SoundTouch Library)

• Audio Library: Mark reading speed has been increased by 10 times
    • Audio Library: Added an ability to display rating instead of mark, if mark is not set
    • Audio Library: Added an ability to switch off automatic jump to next track during playback
    • Audio Library: Added an ability to send files to playlist
    • Audio Library: The "BPM", "Composer", "Publisher" and "File Format" columns has been added
    • Audio Library: Added an ability to add files to data base via Drag-n-Drop
    • Audio Library: Added special context menu for cells of the "Labels" column
    • Audio Library: Hotkeys for playback control has been added
    • Audio Library: New design of the "Labels Manager" dialog

• Custom Controls: Context menu - added an ability to scroll items via mouse wheel
    • Custom Controls: Context menu - auto scrolling to selected item on menu popup
    • Custom Controls: Now you can switch between tabs via Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab / Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown shortcuts
    • Custom Controls: Scrollbar - added an ability to jump to position under mouse cursor via mouse click with pressed Shift key
    • Custom Controls: ListView and TreeView - per-pixel scrolling has been added

Download: AIMP v3.50 BETA
    Changelog: AIMP

2. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Thanks for the news.Damn,so many options and a superb player,and it's still free....:thumb:

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Are you using AIMP? I wonder how it compares with WinAmp or Music Bee?

4. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Only one way to find out ;)

5. guest

guest Guest

I was using for years only Winamp. - One thing did get on my nerves: it got more bloated somehow from version to version so that the (first) start took it's time even with SSD. Still I was quite happy with it but then read somewhere that AIMP would sound better. - Of course I was excited about that and had to try it .... and yes, I like it much more than Winamp. ALL of it!

It starts lightning fast, has good sound (I do improve it even more with DFX Audio Enhancer (paid for it after a few minutes testing it!), sounds much better to me with headphones and "speaker" settings - and don't use the special headphone settings ever, that's sounds terrible! ;)). I like how the very small GUI part of AIMP expands if I hover with the mouse over it and then being able to scroll back and forth in the track. And after that it's getting small again and out of the way.

It's all much better (to me!) than with Winamp and I am quite happy that I found this little gem! - So far I didn't test the new beta version though, using still v3.20 here. - I like AIMP VERY much and I am really glad that I tried it because someone recommended it (don't remember where and who) and that I dumped Winamp for good. ;)

6. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Blows them other guys away!! awesome player

7. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Thanks, I needed a serious endorsement :) I'll give it a try and post back.

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Would you recommend 3.2 or the 3.5 beta for a first time user? I don't mind beta builds if they're reasonably stable.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  9. guest

guest Guest

I use beta versions all the time. But since v3.20 works so great on my system I don't feel the urge to rush an installation of the new beta version. I don't have any experiences with AIMP beta versions and started a few weeks ago I think with 3.20. :)

It took me a while to configure it (skins etc.) and the most important part was to find the setting where I could disable the distortion of sound .. but even that was a nice little adventure and I liked it to explore something new. Now I am happy for weeks with it and found my settings. ;)

This I had to change - you get there for example in equalizer at the bottom RIGHT.
    (And also I had to enable the win7 sound equalizer and stop the basses to blow up my ears.)
    After that I could use DFX Audio Enhancer Hyperbass and Dynamic Boost feature without distortion.
    But all those distortion problems could be something related to my motherboard etc .. I am just telling you about it if you have the same experiences .. it can be handled. ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  10. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

If that is the case go BETA ;)
    I am running it and zero issues...they a re real good about fixin stuff
    fast!!

11. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Just installed and 3.5 beta is running nicely - very low cpu usage. The skin elements are very small on my hi res screen though. Can you recommend a skin?

12. guest

guest Guest

Yes, very low CPU use. It's feather light like WSA. :) - Unfortunately I am using an old CRT monitor with 1024x768 setting (and I like that very much! :D), so I don't know what would be the best skin for you with your high res screen. I am using "Aqua Minerale" for weeks because I personally don't like all those fantasy shapes and colours of other skins. :cool:

13. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I experimented with AIMP2 awhile back and really like it, but it produced distortion on XP for some reason so I abandoned it. I've been trying out this version and so far it's producing perfect sound. I think I'll actually be able to use some of the equalizer presets without spending valuable time monkeying around with it. From what I can tell, hayc59 is right, this blows 'em away. I thought there was something wrong with my headphones but now they sound better than ever! :)

14. guest

guest Guest

The only problem with AIMP is: I am listening now for hours to great music, the sound is so amazing that I can't stop!!! :D - Avoiding quite important stuff that I should do instead of enjoying music. :D

And btw. the new beta v3.50 works without any problem, just installed it on top of the v3.20 build ... it even made a .zip file apparently which has as content the old installation and data or whatever ... AIMP is just amazing in every aspect so far and I can't understand why this is still sort of a "insider's tip". o_O

Winamp is ... dead! :D - (On every system I get my fingers on! :cool:)

15. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Its a great sound for sure and I can see how the day would drift away ;)

16. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Its playlist capabilities are slightly lacking, but no doubt it's a top-notch player. If I need to seriously organize my stuff, I'm more into MusicBee (Jaangle is a sweet piece of software too). WinAmp, what can one say about the Llama? My God I miss its glory days. Great sound quality, great organization, watching TV streams from some other far off corner of the globe (and watching Canadians in general..those people must get bored) in the middle of the night, Shoutcast radio. Before it went and pulled the inevitable corporate game of "Want this feature? Give us your data" and this OpenCandy bulls**t, it was awful hard to do better than the full WinAmp wonderland.

17. allizomeniz

There are a lot of things about the playlist I like, but one I don't. For example, I've got two folders of Alan Parsons Project, each a different album. If I drag tracks 1-10 from the first one, then 1-5 from the second, there doesn't seem to be a way to change the track titles so I can have one playlist with tracks 1-15. It does this automatically in the background but I'd like to be able to change the interface so I don't have duplicate track titles. There still might be a way and I just haven't found it.

18. allizomeniz

Ahh, found the solution. In Playlist>Appearance>Format Settings>Title, I switched from %F (File Name) to %T (Title). I always prefix file names with 01, 02, 03, etc. so I can organize them in folders. By switching to %T, it uses the title information from the tag which I only use the actual track name with no prefix. Then enable "Show track number" in AIMP. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.