AI Roboform 7.1.0 - Final

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AvinashR, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Hello King of Rapture
    I totally agree with you that LastPass and XMarks most probably will become the choice for many RoboForm users:thumb: .
    On the bacis what has occurred lately with Roboforms lack of business ethics
    to its customers I have switched to Last Pass; which is now running fine on my family 4 laptops . :)
    And I know that my current company also is switching to Last Pass partly because of the lack of professionalism and the suddenly switch on License Terms
    Best Regards.

l

2. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi WoodGaint,

I made the mistake by buying the 2 licenses for the version 7 again. I am pretty sure that RoboForm has done proper study, before they took the decision to riff-off their customers. How many will buy the new license? How many people will buy the new license and make noises? How many people will move to different solutions? How many people will leave now and come back later?

Basically, the decision was not made lightly and they had ample time to study the market and the impact on the market. They are right now keeping a very low profile. Mr. SiberSystems is no where to be seen.

Kind regards,

KOR!

Maybe, a class action should be considered by the version 6 customers!

3. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

+1:thumb: :thumb: :) You have said it all, I rest my case for now. Have a good Sunday.
    Best Regards.

4. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Wow they refunded my money back and upgraded to ver.7 here. They were fast to answer my email question . I also bought the use anywhere license for 9.95. I'm happy with that indeed.....:D

5. jasonhat

jasonhat Registered Member

You can get LastPass plus 10 other apps as part of the BitsDuJour bundle which is on right now:

http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/the-bitsdujour-bundle

6. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Over the years ive actually bought 4 licences mostly due to activations.However looking at the upgrade to version 7 it mentions a yearly subscription.Whats that all about?.Will the program stop functioning if i decided not to continue subscription?
    I noticed when i select upgrade it auto selects the version 7 anywhere for me which is subscription.Id prefer to upgrade to 7 pro for 9.95
    tia
    ellison

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  7. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

Ellison64

I believe the following is correct

If you buy the Roboform Everywhere you pay a yearly subscription and it works like LastPass where your Passwords etc are at the Roboform web site and you log in to your account so you could do that from any number of computers and anywhere in the world. They have the first year at discounted price right now.
    You can still buy the `traditional' Roboform 7 either as a desktop or USB and that isn't subscription so it will work all the time and not expire.

8. ellison64

Yes i think you are correct.Its a bit of a cheek in my opinion though.They should offer the upgrade for the pro at the $9.95 too ,for those that dont want "in the cloud" password retrival.When you click to upgrade ,it defaults to that choice for you,when in my opinion it should default to the 6 pro upgrade which should be 7 pro.
    Anyway thanks
    ellison

9. aladdin

I believe you will still have the desktop, which will sync through cloud between different devices. Also, your data will be available in cloud. However, if you don't pay again after one year, it will revert back to Free from PRO. In this case again, you will not be able to save new data, but will be able to use all your past data.

One of the main difference between version 6 and version 7 is that the new version allows saving passcards for Windows Programs, such as Microsoft Office, Quicken, or any other Windows Programs which require password. Where as, LastPass doesn't have the facility yet for Windows Programs.

I could be wrong!

10. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

I'm a little confused too.

I purchased Roboform Pro a couple years ago and I had a couple questions.

I just recently purchased the Everywhere version for $9.95 and when I check my version status inside the Roboform program, it say version 7 Everywhere, but it also says Roboform Pro.

What happens in a year from now if I don't want to purchase the Everywhere version? Do I still retain Roboform Pro V7 or do I need to go back to the 6 version of Roboform Pro?

Very confusing.

Also, since I purchased the Pro version 6 a couple years ago, am I supposed to be entitled to a free upgrade to version 7?

I'm really confused...........................

11. aladdin

You just confirmed my above post #59.

It will revert to Free version 7, you will be able to use your data, but you will not be able to save new data (passcards, safenotes ......)

No, you are not! They lied to you. They are not like SlySoft and keep their words.

What can you do, sue them?

12. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

KOR,

Thanks for responding.

Think I'll pass on the law suit.

Any way to revert back to Pro version 6 when the year is up?

Thanks

13. aladdin

RoboForm is useless without the browser plugins. They are no longer supporting new browser plugins for version 6.

Kind regards,

KOR!

14. ellison64

I really need to bite the bullet and leave roboform for good.I emailed support and asked why i couldnt upgrade to 7 pro for the same price as a 7 everywhere... a reasonable request considering ive purchased 4 supposedly lifetime licences over the years.All i got back from them as a reply was a link to 7 pro upgrade in my own currency in pounds with the same upgrade price !!.No answer to my questions at all.Pretty pathetic in my opinion.Its no wonder mr sibersystems doesnt feel like posting here too much.How can you defend crap customer care like that?.
    ellison

15. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

Yes, as stated in my earlier Post in this thread, I really think that Roboform are taking the customers as hostages. I cannot see what the are gaining with such a policy,or the lack of the same.
    Best Regards:)

16. Nozavi

Nozavi Registered Member

17. Bambo

Bambo Registered Member

They should have kept 7 a simple update/upgrade mainly focused on support for new browsers, technical improvements like getting rid of Goodsync and no change in license. Taking care of program logins (which probably will be major feature soon), Everywhere and more additional stuff should be exclusive for a new product they don't have to bend over to get paid for. Most current customers would understand more features can't be free for eternity and they still get what they paid for so not really much to complain about. Only problem might be if they lowered price for this Roboform Basic, Lastpass level would be good. Naturally there should be discounts for upgrading to Roboform deluxe :)

They would also have a better product for those who are overwhelmed by too many features.

18. forty

forty Guest

This just forced me to do something I been putting off. It took about 5 min. to covert all my info. to LastPass. (seamless) I am officially roboform free for the first time in years.Don't see any reason to look back!

19. ellison64

My blood is slowly starting to boil with the ridiculous answers i am recieveing from support to a question i put to them.The question was quite simple...
    Why cant i upgrade roboform 6 pro to roboform 7 pro for $9.95 which is what an upgrade to the subscription based roboform everywhere would cost.

The two replies i recieved back were...
    1."Please note that $9.95 is an upgrade price for the first order and the other ones will cost only $9.95"
    2."RoboForm Everywhere license is an annual subscription. RoboForm v7 license is valid for all updates within version 7".

Is roboform customer care automated with bots? that fail to understand a simple question,or is my question just too hard for them to understand and answer?
    ellison

20. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

Even though I prefer Roboform (with Firefox) I have made the transition to LastPass and it was pretty painless. Lastpass also works much better with Chrome and also has a working browser plugin for Android smartphones.

Good to move away from companies that don't treat their customers properly. It's the only way we can let them know they screwed up.

21. buckshee

I would love to move away from Roboform but unfortunately I find it the best at handling logins. I tried LastPass but at a few sites (mainly banking & Credit Card) it didn't register the login. Same thing with Sticky Password (where I even tried adding the login manually) and Password Depot 5 as well so though I hate paying the $19.95 upgrade price to the Pro version I may have to do that if I upgrade my browser. I even tried Opera but it stumbled over the same sites as LastPass and all the others.
    It seems that all these programs (except Roboform) choke when I go to a site where I enter an account number such as credit card or bank account number then have to hit`Enter' which then brings me to a second page where I enter the password.
    If Account login and Password are on the same page they all work fine. Very frustrating. So be careful before you jump ship

22. aladdin

I am a paid customer of RoboForm, Sticky Password and Password Depot 5. I find both Sticky Password and Password Depot 5 to be much superior handling logins at Banks, where the process is two stages such as Bank of America.

The one stage forced process had me locked out and I had to call a toll-free number to re-set my password.

23. aladdin

BTW, just tired RoboForm on Bank of America, and the one stage password process doesn't work. In fact, RoboForm is worst when one has multiple passwords for the family (wife and children).

24. buckshee

Now that's weird. I have problems logging in to my MasterCard account, ING Direct (Banking) and 407ETR (toll Road account) - All only want to save the second page of the login process and not the UserID etc on the first page. Only Roboform handles both.

Now I'm wondering, could it be that I have Roboform and LastPass (or Sticky Password) installed at the same time ?
    I login with Roboform and capture the login with LastPass or SP (whichever I have installed at the time). Maybe I should try uninstalling Roboform and just have one program installed

25. aladdin

BTW, do you have the latest version of Sticky Password, which is version 5.

If you have just one login, then it is the Sticky Password is doing the job automatically without you knowing it.

However, more than one login, then Sticky Password will offer you a menu of logins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.