Agnitum is a scary but still impressive..

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Straight Shooter, Feb 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm truly amazed....

After spending an intensive week trying to figure out what was making both NOD32 and TrojanHunter freeze at scans, I finally tracked it down to ZApro..

That's too bad, I really liked it., but ZAPRO would freeze my computer even on startup.. sometimes in scans with NOD32, and sometimes with TH..

I uninstalled it, and since I have a license for Outpost Pro, I reinstalled That...

When I had OP Pro installed in my computer before, I had no problems... I had to buy OP to replace ZAPro in the first place, and when ZAPRo was improved in 3.5169, that's when I reinstalled ZAPRo.. On my system, it just won't work..

Well, anyway, I emailed Agnitum to tell them I changed my email.. They responded in half an hour! That's impresive! and they also said the New Ver 2 shuld be in public hands in a "couple of weeks".

LOL! Let's really hope so.. I really like Agnitum! Great forum support, and maybe I'll get a little active there too!

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

It will be nice to see you there too :) (I'm a newby here, senior there :D )

Beta testers received news that the alfa is running smoothly on XP. Great news, as that was the big problem in releasing the beta of V2.
    Busy installing my new adsl, so I'll be ready to do some testing :cool:

3. root

root Registered Member

Hey buddy, wanna share that ADSL? Maybe we can connect thru a VPN Tunnel. You know, I'm happy if I get a 5 K download speed. Don't you feel sorry for me? :D
    Sounds a little optimistic to me. I wouldn't put any money on that. It hasn't seen beta testing yet.

4. :D

Well, I'd ask for the Beta, but I guess that's futile now.. If they release the new version soon, it's probably wiser to wait ........

It will run flawlessly on XP! That's great! The present version works better than ZAPRO on my system..I actually missed Agnitum...

I think ZAPRO is still a fine program, but after all the testing I did this week, I'll stay with Outpost.. ZAPRO will expire soon, anyway, so, I guess it's off to "delete" heaven for ZAPRO...

I purposely have been running my laptop all day, being brutal with it,,, not one freeze up yet...

NOD32 Version 2
    Oupost Pro Version 2
    What a great year 2003 will be!!!

5. meneer

meneer Registered Member

OT 5k

Very sorry to hear that, especially since you seem to be online all day :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.