after running M$ Malicious Software Removal Tool , check my mrt.log

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by HandsOff, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

mrt.log
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool v1.2, March 2005
    Started On Sat Mar 12 03:00:34 2005
    ->Sysclean ERROR: MemScanGetImagePathFromPid(1892) (Win32 Error Code: 0x00000005 (5):Access is denied.) [587]

Results Summary:
    ----------------
    -> Sysclean ERROR: Internal error, code = 8004
    No infection found.

Return code: 0
    Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Finished On Sat Mar 12 03:01:49 2005
    -----------------

I suppose this could be another side effect of using BugOff? (I hope so).
    I could undo it and check. I just thought it would be interesting to see what was in the log. Doesn't exactly boster my confidence in the tool!

================================
    Nope! Not so simple. I uninstalled bugoff and reran the M$ Wormer prog but I still get the same message. On the other hand, I checked and many of the protocols and exploits were still blocked. Multi-layered protection. I guess I can pretty much say goodbye to logs, html help, scheduler service, automatic updates....

It just doesn't make sense to have to compromise one's security, so that they can read logs and whatever...

On the plus side: The Microsoft Antispy tool beta (Giant) can be Updated and Ran manually! I was a little disappointed because it hasn't caught anything yet, but in all fairness my other programs did get the first shot at malware.

Summary:
    Microsoft free tools!
    both can be run locally, and updated manually...i guess its a good deal

- HandsOff

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.