After Installing I Get A Linux Boot Option... Why?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by RobertoHN, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertoHN

RobertoHN Registered Member

Hi,

I just installed Paragon Partition Manager on my laptop running Vista 64 Bits, my laptop has a drive C where is the OS and a drive D which is a recovery partition. What I wanted to do is to have only one drive with a larger storage capacity. This is the first time that I use this software and I don't know how to do what I want to do.

Can somebody guide me?

After installing this software I could notice that now every time I reboot my PC I get a screen with 2 boot options, one that say Vista and other one that say linux:

Why?

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3570/ppm.jpg

I have uninstalled the program and I still getting this linux boot option: Can somebody tell me how do I get rid of this?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• PPM.jpg
      PPM.jpg
      File size:
      8.9 KB
      Views:
  2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

That is the Paragon boot menu it places there when it goes into "restart mode".When it finishes the operation - it removes the menu. Presumably Paragon , being extra cautious, decided not to continue the operation - that is why the menu is there. It is in fact, a safety net .

If the restart operation is halted - you have an option to get back into windows, or retry the Linux option - which is the Paragon recovery resource.

To remove the menu , in the Paragon main window, rt click the Hard Drive ( not a partition ) and select Update mbr, Apply.

If you would like to post a screenshot of the windows Disk Management window - we may be able to see what the best way forward is to accomplish what you want.

These oem preinstalls often have several volumes on the drive - some may be non standard to protect them - others may be logical drives inside an Extended partition - you probably also have 2 windows partitions - one small 100mb system reserved partition with no drive letter, and the "main" windows partition.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.