After Installing I Get A Linux Boot Option... Why?

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by RobertoHN, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobertoHN

RobertoHN Registered Member

Hi,

I just installed Paragon Partition Manager on my laptop running Vista 64 Bits, my laptop has a drive C where is the OS and a drive D which is a recovery partition. What I wanted to do is to have only one drive with a larger storage capacity. This is the first time that I use this software and I don't know how to do what I want to do.

Can somebody guide me?

After installing this software I could notice that now every time I reboot my PC I get a screen with 2 boot options, one that say Vista and other one that say linux:

Why?

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3570/ppm.jpg

I have uninstalled the program and I still getting this linux boot option: Can somebody tell me how do I get rid of this?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

• PPM.jpg
      PPM.jpg
      File size:
      8.9 KB
      Views:
  2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

That is the Paragon boot menu it places there when it goes into "restart mode".When it finishes the operation - it removes the menu. Presumably Paragon , being extra cautious, decided not to continue the operation - that is why the menu is there. It is in fact, a safety net .

If the restart operation is halted - you have an option to get back into windows, or retry the Linux option - which is the Paragon recovery resource.

To remove the menu , in the Paragon main window, rt click the Hard Drive ( not a partition ) and select Update mbr, Apply.

If you would like to post a screenshot of the windows Disk Management window - we may be able to see what the best way forward is to accomplish what you want.

These oem preinstalls often have several volumes on the drive - some may be non standard to protect them - others may be logical drives inside an Extended partition - you probably also have 2 windows partitions - one small 100mb system reserved partition with no drive letter, and the "main" windows partition.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.