Advice on my setup

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TVH, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TVH

TVH Registered Member

After using these forums this is the security setup ive decided to use. Both pc’s run light taking under a minute to fully boot up. Does anyone have any suggestions on how it could be improved?

PC 1 (Windows XP) – My PC where I test software, use p2p, do banking etc etc.

AV: Nod32 (Real-Time), Kaspersky (On-demand)
    Firewall: Router (Hardware), Outpost Pro (Software)
    Antispyware: SAS Pro (Real-Time), Counterspy (On-demand)
    HIPS: SSM Free (On-demand)
    Encryption: TrueCrypt
    Privacy: Windows Washer
    System Eraser: DBAN 1.0.7
    Backup: Acronis True Image 11, FD-ISR (replaces system restore)
    Hardening: SpywareBlaster, PeerGuardian 2, SafeXP, Harden It, Secure It, IE7 Pro

PC 2 (Windows Vista) – Family PC general browsing etc

Security: KIS 7, Windows Defender
    Privacy: Windows Washer
    System Eraser: DBAN 1.0.7
    Backup: Acronis True Image 11

Im hoping both systems are pretty bullet proof for their uses but can anyone suggest any software I could add (free or paid) or even remove. Thanks.

2. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Looks pretty secure to me, but then mine is prolly closer to your second setup. The only thing that raised an eyebrow with me is that I am not sure how you have a HIPS "On Demand" wouldn't have thought it was much use, bit like carrying body armour in a holdall.

3. TVH

TVH Registered Member

I use it only when surfing some dodgy sites or downloading some adware filled software. Its just an extra precaution.

4. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

Fair enough, the only thing I'd say about that is I'd imagine it to be a pain in the a$$, as it will likely generate quite few popups, since programs will have changed due to updates etc that it was not aware of since last time it encountered that program. Might want to consider something like Sandboxie or Returnil if it is just for that purpose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.