Advice/Assistance Needed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rhon, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhon

Rhon Registered Member

Two problems that I am having that (maybe) someone here can help me with since emailing tech support has not proven beneficial:

1.) Unable to use either a serial or USB mouse when booting from the Emergency Boot Disk (CD). I am forced to use the Tab and Alt-key combinations in order to choose what I want to do on the screen.

Info on problem #1 above -- this is when I am booting into the 'safe' mode (no usb drivers) but even the plain-ol-vanilla mouse on the serial port fails to work.

I was told by Konstantin Karikov (email Acronis Support) that maybe my MoBo BIOS doesn't support my mouse and therefore it cannot be used in safe-mode. My MoBo is a new M2N-SLI Deluxe from ASUS with the most recent BIOS sporting an AMD FX-62 processor and 2Gb RAM. To the best of my knowledge this BIOS supports mice just fine :)

PROBLEM #2

2.) When I boot from the Emergency Boot Disk (CD) and select the FULL version (load the usb, scsi, etc drivers) then I get an Acronis Splash Screen with lots of data accessing activity BUT then the splash screen goes away, the screen goes black, all CD disk activity stops, and the system freezes... even an cnrl-alt-del fails to work and I am forced to manually reset.

I have tried the F11 key at the main menu and removing the word 'quiet'. Then I choose FULL version again but I get the exact same results with no messages being scrolled on the screen.

Has anyone had similar problems? If so, what's the fix?

I need help bad and any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,

- Rhon

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Have you tried this:

Boot from the rescue CD and press the F11 function key as soon as you see the "Starting Acronis Loader... " to drop into the Linux kernel command line prompt. After the word Quiet, leave a space and type the commands acpi=off noapic (make sure you type noapic not noacpi !!) and then click O.K. to, hopefully, continue booting into TI.

3. Rhon

Rhon Registered Member

Thanks John. I just gave that a try. It allows me to boot into the full-version now but it only recognizes my C: drive.

I have a C: and a D: which are both SATAII drives (300Gb matching pair). When I go to image the C: to the D: it says that I only have one drive connected to the system (which is wrong) and fails to let me continue the imaging portion of the program.

Any ideas on that? Also, is there a way to permanently invoke the "quiet acpi=off noapic" so I do not have to retype it everytime I boot from the CD?

Thanks.

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Software plug removed - let us keep in mind that this is the Acronis support forum.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Ouch. It looks like the SATA II controller is not being fully recognized by the Linux drivers.

Perhaps Tech Support can offer some guidance here.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rhon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? I will find out how the investigation of your issue is going.

Please also collect the following information and send it to Acronis Support Team if you have not done that already:

- Create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Create Windows System Information;

- The exact model and vemdor of your hard drives and mouse that you use.

Please be aware that a possible workaround is to use Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE allowing you to boot into a Windows-like environment from a CD having all the capabilities of Bootable Rescue CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.