Advance Rules: WiFi Networks

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by AirSupremacy, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AirSupremacy

AirSupremacy Registered Member

Hi everyone. I am seriously consider buying Look N Stop. This firewall will be used on my laptop and I take it everywhere I go like some people do with their tablets. Some of the places I go to are: library/coffee shops/airports/etc. It's only a matter of time before my computer becomes a target for remote access or key logging. Given that Look N Stop has an advance rules plugin, what kind of rules to write to avert such a disaster. I hope this thread will be helpful to all that use WiFi on a daily basis.
  2. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

With the advanced ruleset of LNS in place you should be as good as a software firewall can get.

In non encrypted WLANs it is much more important to use a VPN for your sensitive communication (like e-mail, passwords, login accounts).

Thomas :)

OFFTOPIC: Am I too pessimistic or is LnS history? - It seems that the latest version is about 2 years old. No updates, no patches, no nothing. It still works for me though....Anyway, I am slowly moving away to Linux and MacOS... In my opinion much more innovative than MS-Windows in these days.
    What about the others here... ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.