ADrive - 50 GB free online backup

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by TechOutsider, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

Hi guys. I found this service in mid 2007, when it was in beta. I uploaded a couples files, and kind of forgot about it.

I recently needed to backup my files, however I didn't really want to buy another external drive. So, I remembered ADrive, and surprise!, its still there. Unlike Oosah for example.

Still 50 GB free. You can upload up to a 1000 files at a time and each file cannot exceed 2 GB. I've been using it to upload all my pictures, home videos, etc. I can't really find any other service that matches this, except for Mozy, in which you pay a flat rate for unlimited storage. I've also tried SkyDrive, but it only offers 25 GB free and there is no native support for multiple file uploads.

So, for anyone looking for a backup solution, this is one way of securing your data! The URL is http://adrive.com.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

People really should read how these kind of company's store your data and who has access to it. As for me Online back up's are pointless with as cheap as a external hard Drive is.

3. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I agree, some good services there, but I'd go with someone more reputable, like www.mediafire.com

They have a paid service where you can upload files at 2GB at a time. Both free and pro are unlimited in size.

4. LenC

LenC Registered Member

The purpose of using an online service is to have an offsite backup. If someone steals your computer and takes the external hard drive with it (or if your home is damaged by fire or water), you could be out of luck.

I share your concern about who has access to my data. I encrypt all of my data before it is backed up on Mozy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.