Admin Server Setup for Newbie

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gearscout, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gearscout

gearscout Registered Member

Well, I thought I had done everything correctly!

My client (I'm testing just one at this point) cannot connect to the server for updates.

The Mirror is set to place updates in C:\NOD32
    It is doing that.

The login/password is set to the ones supplied with my software from Eset.

The client is finding the Server and hits a wall, bringing up the login/password dialogue box. The correct ones are shown...but it repeatedly pops up when OK is pressed. Finally, it will report "bad username or password."

I really don't need a password for this. This is all on the internal network. But without login/password set, it wasn't working, either.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

2. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi gearscout:

If you use the http option, less headaches will be incurred. ;)

I have successfully set up both ways, but the http option is less cumbersome.

Using the username/password supplied by Eset for the mirror would not be correct unless one creates a user on the mirror box with the same credentials with corresponding security to that folder through a share.

Drop a note if you have further questions.

3. gearscout

gearscout Registered Member

Many thanks, Rumpstah!

Readers of this thread wouldn't know it, but Rumpstah messaged me "through" the entire process. Much of the problem had nothing to do with NOD32 but my own lack of knowledge about basic networking and servers!

Since that was my first post, I've got to say this forum is perhaps the most helpful I've ever encountered...and Rumpstah's knowledge is only surpassed by his patience!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.