Adguard for Chrome open beta test

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by avatar, Apr 16, 2014.

1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Public beta of v2 has been released!

@avatar surely will give us more insight what is under the hood.
    So far v2 runs pretty well. Well done Adguard!

2. avatar

OMG how?:)

I've just clicked "Publish" and here you are, already reposted it on wilders:)

3. avatar

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I said you that I couldn't wait :)
    Btw, I'm trying the new log but can you kindly elaborate how it works, especially how to block/unblock a request.

5. avatar

Click on the log record to open request details dialog, then block or unblock

6. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Oh, understood. The log lists all requests (blocked/unblocked) and you can change the status of each request. The changes go to user filter.

7. avatar

Yes.

You can now filter requests by type and/or select third-party requests only.
    It's really useful for those who develop filters (trackers and ad requests are often third-party).

Also this new filtering log is integrated with desktop versions of Adguard (Mac or Win).
    In this case filters will be created in AG for Mac/Win user filter.

8. pegas

pegas Registered Member

This new extension consumes ca 69000 kb of memory on Opera Blink 28. Is it what did you expect? It seems to me quite a lot.

9. avatar

It will use a lot if you open extension settings and filtering log, that's how the browser works (even empty tab uses 35-40 Mb).
    Without UI memory usage goes to 30-40 Mb depending on the number of filters you use.

10. pegas

pegas Registered Member

OK, I'm at ease now.

11. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I think a startup time of this extension needs to be improved. It is not a problem of particular site, it is a general issue. If I close Opera Blink with several pages opened and restart Opera, some ads on these pages are not filtered and the reload is needed to get them filtered completely. It is obvious that the extension doesn't catch the startup procedure of Opera, maybe it is due to my fast machine but anyway it doesn't happen with uBlock. It blocks everything right during the Opera startup.

Furthermore, is there a way how to prioritize requests? I mean in the log you can see all blocked requests but I want to prioritize one over the rest.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  12. avatar

Should be better in the next version.

What do you mean by prioritize? Can you give an example of such?

13. pegas

pegas Registered Member

OK, perfect!

I don't how it works but let's assume that on a webpage there is 10 requests blocked. Perhaps these requests aren't blocked exactly at once. If that is true, I would like to set priority of each requests, i.e. a sequence in which requests are blocked. Hope you understand me.

14. avatar

Not yet:) Do you mean sorting? Now requests are ordered by the processing time.

15. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Sorry, I cannot better describe it but I hope we are close to understand each other. :) I mean if all requests are blocked at one time or not. For instance, 1st request is blocked in 0.00 seconds, the second request is blocked in 0.01 seconds, the third in 0.02 seconds or all requests are blocked in 0.00 seconds? If they are not blocked at one time, it means that some ads are blocked later than other, even by fractions of seconds. If that is true, I would like to be able to set order of blocked requests.

16. avatar

Now the order is ascending by time. Do you want to have an option to change it to descending?

17. pegas

pegas Registered Member

That would be great but not limited to. If it would be possible I also want to set order by my wish regardless processing time.

18. avatar

Dragging requests? But why?

19. pegas

pegas Registered Member

For instance because I want the favicons were the first being blocked. I have noticed on certain pages that if favicon request is blocked "a bit later" favicon in fact isn't blocked.

20. avatar

Ah, now I got it. It's impossible, only browser can manage requests processing order.

21. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Oh OK understood. Sorry to bother you so long with a thing that doesn't work out.

22. avatar

Fixed in beta 2.0.1, please check it

23. pegas

pegas Registered Member

It is partly better but still if I have ca 5 pages opened and restart Opera I have to reload this site http://forum.iphone.cz/search.php?search_id=active_topics to get blocked the top ad.
    I have this custom rule, btw provided by you ;-) ||forum.iphone.cz/julek/west-coast-2.jpg

Also favicons of this site (Wilders forum), Feedly.com, Chrome store and http://mapy.in-pocasi.cz aren't blocked. :-( Strange thing is that all favicons requests are seen as blocked in the log.

Videos are blocked on this domain www.mobilmania.cz - RESOLVED.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  24. pegas

pegas Registered Member

In addition to my above post, there is something wrong with this Beta on this site http://forum.iphone.cz/index.php There are 2 ads, the first is at the top (West Coasts ...) and the second is on the right side (Mac Zone, West Coasts .., JR Metal). If I block the first (West Coasts ...) it blocks all forum, if I block the second one it blocks everything on on the ride side.

25. pegas

pegas Registered Member

www.inoreader.com (cloud RSS feed service) identifies Adguard and encourages either whitelist the site in Adguard or to upgrade to the premium version (probably without ads).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.