Additional information about NOD32 identified trojans & worms

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by PII_David, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PII_David

PII_David Registered Member

NOD32 v3.0.684 identified various trojans & worms on one of our PCs (XP Pro SP2) Although it said it cleaned them off, I'm don't think it removed all the various registry entries left behind.

In any case, my question is also a generic one: with other vendors, their virus names actually could be FOUND in their virus encyclopedias. Not the case with ESET. The following ones listed below are not found when searched for on their website. I have found similarly named ones, but there are glaring differences between ones that differ even by just one character...

I realize that the ones listed below could be mutated ones, but at least they could create a link to take you to the 'parent' virus/trojan/worm that could include the technical information about what the virus does.

If anyone has any information as to what these do please post them back here. Thanks

Win32/Kryptik.AEU trojan

Win32/Genetik trojan

Win32/AutoRun.Agent.OL worm

Win32/Injector.VD trojan

Win32/Injector.TV trojan

David

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello PII_David,

I will look into getting these added.

Thank you,
    Richard

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Simply delete them when found. The first two are heuristic detections so they can be any threats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.