Adding exception

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by linger, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linger

linger Registered Member

Where would I go to add an exception for a program? I use a password manager to store my passwords and it has an autofill feature but it is not able to function (no keys entered in browser window) when WRSA is running. I see a place to add protected apps (all my browsers are in there by default), but I want to allow my password manager as an exception to this protection on firefox so form filling will work and not remove firefox from the list of protected apps (I still want it to be protected in general).

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

You may be able to override it if it is listed in Identity & Privacy - View/Edit Protected Applications. If you see your password manager in there as "Deny", you can change it to "Allow" for it to work properly.

If that doesn't work, you may want to try using System Tools - System Control - Active Processes and if the process is listed as "Monitor", try changing it to "Allow"

Let me know your results!

3. linger

linger Registered Member

No such luck sir. It wasn't listed in the Identity and Privacy apps and I tried adding it and setting it to allow (and restarting WSRA) with no luck. Also, was already listed in list of processes under System Control and was already set to Allow.

4. linger

linger Registered Member

I tried disabling all shields with the option of turning off, and it still prevents the autofill from working. The only active component after turning all those off (based on the popup window) is Threat Detection and Removal.

5. linger

linger Registered Member

Actually, let me test it a bit more. After turning them all off and restarting WSRA it worked. Will try to figure out which shield is causing this.

6. linger

linger Registered Member

PrevxHelp, the only way to get the form filling to work right now is to disable the identity and privacy shield totally and restart WRSA. After that form filling works. Can you guys look into this?

7. PrevxHelp

Yes, we definitely can. Could you let me know what password manager you use?

Thanks!

8. linger

linger Registered Member

It's KeePass (keepass.info) and the problem occurs when using the string matching auto-fill feature (KeePass looks through your database to find an entry whose title matches the currently active firefox window) when pressing ctrl-alt-a.

9. PrevxHelp

Thanks!

10. linger

linger Registered Member

PrevxHelp, do you have any updates on this issue? Just tried it again with the latest version (8.0.0.7) and still need to disable the identity protection entirely in order to have auto-filling work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.