Adding archive to archive database ???

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by WillyK, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillyK

WillyK Registered Member

Folks,

Continuing to explore and try out various features of DB 10 Pro.

Last night I created (under Windows) a backup of my MBR on disk. I also created (under the stand-alone bootable Windows PE-like recovery environment) a backup of multiple partitions also on disk.

When running DB10 under windows, if I check the archive database I can see the backup of the MBR. But the multi-partition backup is NOT listed.

Not surprised, perhaps, since the multi-partition backup was done under the stand-alone environment and perhaps the product doesn't do an auto-discovery of backups. I don't know. But I would think I could add that image to the archive database. What's the correct procedure to do this?

I located the directory containing the backup files (20+ of them) for this multi-partition backup and then highlighted only the single .pbf file and then attempted to add it to the archive database. (I don't have my home unit in front of me and I'm working from memory here so I can't remember the exact panels and sequence of options/commands I selected). Nothing happened.

Did I do something wrong?

Running DB10 under Windows, I originally just wanted to "Check Archive Integrity" of my multiple-partition backup. But it seems I couldn't do that unless the archive was in the database. And I can't seem to add it to the database.

Help please.

Thanks.

... Bill

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello WillyK,

If you ran the backup from one of the recovery CD, back in Windows, the program will have no recollection of the operation. In the archives tab, first select to "Show All" then click the add button and locate the .PBF file. You may see multiple files of .PBF, but to add the entire archive of multiple partitions, ignore the PBF files with names img_0, img_1, since they correspond with individual partitions. Typically, the arc PBF file is the master restore file for the entire archive. In addition, any files with extensions of .001, .002 etc are split files. For future reference, if you would like to simplify your archive, you can disable the image splitting in Settings.

3. WillyK

WillyK Registered Member

Thanks again Tommy,

I was able to add the archives to the database.

Much appreciated.

... Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.