ADD10 Needs an Updated Version to fix the bugs!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Mark_Phelps, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark_Phelps

Mark_Phelps Registered Member

When I first installed ADD 10 I had problems in that it couldn't find the config files. I got instructions to reinstall by using the demo version first and then reinstalling the retail ADD 10 over that. That seeme to work -- for a while.

But since then, I've had three instances where I fail to get the onscreen text message indicating that Acronis is loading. Each time, Windows XP starts, I rerun OS Selector 10, and reactivate OS Selector. That appears to fix the problem -- but only for a while. A few days later, I have to repeat the process again. I'm not making any MBR changes in the interim. IT's as if OS Selector deactivates itself every few days.

I've seen other posts where others have claimed that ADD 10 is too buggy and they're going back to ADD v9. I may have to do that as well -- but that's a lousy solution because it means those of us that actually BOUGHT ADD 10 (instead of using the widely available Warez version) have paid for something that obviously need fixing.

Acronis updated True Image several times in several days to fix problems with that product. So, when are you going to put out an updated version of ADD that fixes the installation and auto-deactivation problems?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mark,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please try the following workaround:

- Deactivate Acronis OS Selector and uninstall it (Choose Start->Programs->Acronis->Disk Director->Install Acronis OS Selector);
    - Reboot the computer;
    - Create a new FAT32 partition (about 50 Mb) using Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0;
    - Hide this partition using Acronis Disk Ditrector Suite 10.0 (in main menu choose Disk->Advanced->Hide);
    - Install Acronis OS Selector in that hidden partition;
    - Activate Acronis OS Selector;

If the issue still persists create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;

- Run the application;

- Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;

- Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;

- Make a screen shot;

After that submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.