add/remove programs messed up after v4.0

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pleh4help, Mar 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pleh4help

pleh4help Registered Member

Hi,
    I was routinely updating spywareblaster earlier, & got prompted to upgrade from 3.5.1 to 4.0; I dit that by the book (disable protection/close program/uninstall via add-remove, etc) All went well.

I now go back to add/remove program window where I see only a few programs (down to <<D>>), then this large chunk of black, need to scroll waaaaaaaaaaay down (as if 1000 programs listed), then list continues on.

Anyone else has this?
    Tks

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

i have never run into this but just to confirm, there was no gap between programs in A/R before u installed SWB 4.0?

I googled your issue and there were quite a few hits with different solutions.

snowbound

3. pleh4help

Hi,
    exactly, when I uninstalled v3.5.1, my add/remove list was just fine.
    I am not 100% that SB is responsible yet, but this computer has been clean formatted 10 days ago & everything was perfect just before version upgrade...

I too have googled on the problem, so far I have found only very generic clues like sfc /scannow, which i've tried already without success.

I would like to hear from others that have done the SB version upgrade to have a look in their add/remove afterward & post back if they have find the messed up list...

4. pleh4help

Ok solved!
    I now remember a little b-line I took while on javacool product list.
    I dwld FileChecker, installed, had a peek in, exit out, uninstalled filechecker.

How do i know its filechecker that damaged add/remove?
    My list of program had last entry d-something, then a mile of black, then the next app listed was h-something....

I used ccleaner uninstall utility & the next app after d-something was filechecker; removed it from there & add remove back to normal.

Interestingly, the regedit registry hack to find a negative (-1) displayIcon value turned out nothing when I looked at filechecker that way...

Sorry SWB:thumb: , & shame on you, filechecker !:thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.