AdAware SE Pro now released & Info'

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Pilli, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi All, Just received an email from Lavasoft for AdAware Pro with a download link, so thankfully the upgrade is free for Pro users :)
    I did get one FP with my Hosts file so I let adware try to clean it :) Spy Sweeper picked up that AdAware was trying to delete a a good entry (which was to do with B9 and LocalHosts) and I told SpySweeper to keep it :D

Great fun this security lark!

Anyway here is the Whats New in AdAware SE Pro:

. Ad-Aware SE Professional Edition

What’s new in Ad-Aware SE Professional edition?

New command line parameters that allow for silent and automated operation of Ad-Aware

UNC support for remote storage of Preferences, definitions, and logfiles

New results screens and detailed statistics

Improved logging and reporting

Hardened against third party uninstall with encrypted preference files

Links to more information on detected content from our website

New safety option that allows you to write protect sensitive system files such as the Hosts file

Scanning engine improvements
    Extended Memory scanning
    Now scans all modules loaded by a process Uses our all new CSI (Code Sequence Identification) technology to identify new and unknown variants of known targets Extended protection against DLL-injection, SE can unload process modules on the fly

Extended Registry scanning
    Now scans registry branches of multiple user accounts Performs additional smart checks to detect dynamically created references Scanning speed noticeably faster Extended Scanning for known and unknown/possible Browser-Hijackers

Extended Disk scanning
    Now scans and lists alternate Data-streams on NTFS volumes Now Ad-Aware supports scanning of Cabinet files, (including spanned archives) Scanning speed increased Improved Hosts-file scan Now Ad-Aware and Ad-Watch Use much smaller reference files

Several User Interface improvements
    Improved Graphical UI
    Ad-Aware now supports custom graphical Skins More user friendly add-ons GUI (Tools and Extensions now shown on separate screens) New Scan Result view, includes a scan summary and detailed view Ad-Aware now linked to the online TAC database

Multiple New Tweak options
    Unloading of process modules during a scan Obtaining command line of scanned processes Ignoring spanned cab files Scan registry for all users instead of current user only Permanent archive caching Always try to unload modules before deletion Disable manual quarantine if auto quarantine is selected Block pop-ups aggressively Load Ad-Watch minimized Hide Ad-Watch tray icon Write protect system files after repair Limit drive selection to fixed drives Use gridlines in item lists Logfile detail section condensed

Process-Watch
    Improved Process-Watch scanning capabilities and scanning speed (Using the new fingerprint engine) Several Process-Watch Interface improvements Option to create a Hexdump of the process memory or dump the process memory to disk

Several Log file improvements
    Includes support for separate removal logfiles Allows adding a Reference summary/index to logfiles Logfile contains overall more detailed information

Ad-Watch
    Several GUI improvements
    Ad-Watch now supports Cookie Blocking
    Site-manager to edit the popup-blacklist included Ad-Watch now uses the new CSI technology to detect new and unknown variants of known targets New Ad-Watch configuration screen New rules editor for pre-defined blocking exclusions Support for hiding the Ad-Watch tray icon for unattended operation

2. iwod

iwod Registered Member

I have been looking hard. And it seems the Difference Between Pro , Plus And Personal is Pro have Process Watch and Ad Watch, Plus only have Ad watch, while Personal Doesn't have any of the 2.

And apart from Additonal Option / and Tweak Avalible, Are there any more difference in between the 3, such as the size of the DB. etc?

And As far as i understand Process Watch is like an much more powerful Task Manager in window. So Process Guard and Process Watch 's Job are not Over Lab Right?

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi iwod,
    As far as I know the Database is the same for all three versions.

Process watch is more like Faber Tools than Task Manager - It will show you the process and that processes dependencies. etc Right clicking on the process gives you a drop down menu with various utilities that you can use on the process selected.

Process Guard is an altogether different Program as it protects trusted processes at the lowest possible level.

Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.