Ad-Aware - "trojan dropper..." a FP?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by SG1, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

ATTN: MODERATOR/S --

*** This may/may not be right spot for this, but I wasn't sure where else to post; feel free to move this, if in wrong spot, but it does have to do with alleged trojan dropper. ***

Late last week after an update AA (per shot below) claims to have found a trojan dropper on our PC, and I'm thinking this is another security app FP (either that, or all the other security apps failed me all at once, even allowing it on the PC. I may be wrong, in that if it was a real deal, and hadn't activated yet, then perhaps other security apps would have jumped on it as it came to life. Dunno', really).

But, can any of the smartest guys/ladies, in the room, decipher AA's report "in English" for me and tell me what goes there, please?

Attached Files:

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That particular entry was found late last week to be a False positive as noted in this Lavasoft Support Forum thread and was fixed with the SE1R123 13.09.2006 database update as noted here.

HTH,
    Bubba

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  3. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Bubba;

Once again you are Johnny on the spot, there quickly with solid info yet again, and I hereby dub thee a (Wilder's) National Treasure. <g>

Again, thanks, as you have been a super help to I and many others I'm sure, more than once. Cheers, Pat.

*** Um... come to think of it then, wonder what I let AA put into Quarantine?

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

You are Welcome Pat.
    If you click on the lock icon at the top right of the program you'll be able to see the Quarantined Objects. Also....in the Help area of the program is a section dealing with quarantine which offers some good info about that function.

Of course if you choose that route it will restore everything contained in that dated quarantine file. If you only had that one item there would be no worries.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.