Ad-Aware SE negotiable objects?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Matt_Smi, Aug 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt_Smi

Matt_Smi Registered Member

Ad-Aware SE negligible objects?

Today I uninstalled Ad-Aware 6 and installed Ad-Aware SE, so far I like it but I have a question. I have done a few scans so far and it has picked up nothing but tracking cookies (like 6 always used to) under “critical objects”, but there is another family listed as “MRU List” and they are listed as negligible objects. They are registry keys and seem to be lists of recently view files and documents. Does deleting them delete just the list of whatever was recently viewed, or the whole registry key? Should I just leave them, or are they a security hazard or something? Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  2. Nick

Nick Registered Member

MRU means Most Recenty Used. Basicly they are usage tracks of what you typed into address bars, what size you open windows in, what were the last items you viewed in Windows Media Player and so on. Spybot S&D has included these things for some time, but the premier MRU tool is MRU Blaster. It's by Javacool, the same one who developes SpywareBlaster.

From here

They aren't a security hazard, but they can be a privacy issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.